Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mom’s First Day of Preschool

Wild Man ready for PreschoolWell, today is…well, a day! A day of what?

My youngest, my baby, has started preschool today.

I’m not quite sure how to feel about it. There’s a flurry of emotions I’ve gone through since waking this morning. Happy, sad, anxiety, pride, joy, you name it!

Lets rewind for a moment.

Yesterday we found out Trucker Hubby would be home in time for today’s momentous event. This was huge news considering our history with trucking interfering with family plans. (We’ve had to reschedule vacations, even our wedding, because of a break down on the road, problems with shippers or receivers, and a host of other “surprises” on the road!) I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. Just knowing I wouldn’t have to go through the first day of school alone with my baby was fantastic plus I knew hubby REALLY wanted to be here for it.

One prayer answered.

Proud Trucker Daddy with Wild Man Last night hubby arrived home. The kids were happy to play with him for a bit. The momentum for Wild Man’s big day was building! For once, both kids were eager to get baths, brush teeth and jump in bed…just so the day would arrive even sooner! This. alone. was. shocking! Again, I was a VERY happy mommy! lol

Of course, I am the first one up. I enjoy some peace and quiet before waking the brood. I am proud of my kids and reflect on random moments throughout the past few years.

Finally everyone gets up and Wild Man is SUPER psyched to get dressed and out the door. He can’t wait until it’s time to leave. I’m just hoping the enthusiasm lasts until we get there. He’s got his heart set on playing Tea Party in the play kitchen. I think he wants to make a great first impression with the ladies! lol

Wild Man hand in hand with Trucker Daddy We all load up in the van and off to school we go. I’m happy and excited for my little guy but again, I am every anxious. “Please don’t let him cry! Please don’t let him cry! Please don’t let ME cry!” is what I’m praying! We arrive at the school and Wild Man can’t get out of the van fast enough! He’s dragging Trucker Hubby to the front door.

He hits the front door and off like lightening. First he hits his locker. You know mom, he’s gotta put up his jacket and back pack! Then into the classroom he struts. Puzzles, coloring books, action toys, oh my! Kids are already at school, mingling and playing. My boy is growing up and I am so proud! ;D

Now I’m home alone. Hubby had to rush off to deliver a load of millet (still not sure what that is) and I’m here by myself trying to figure out what to do now. I started school two weeks ago but my classes are afternoon classes so my mornings will be quiet and free of children and parental obligations. What do I do now?

I need to put all this emotion somewhere so why not here?

I am sad. I am excited. I am proud. I am lonely. I am scared. I am joyful.

The house is eerily quiet but I have Meredith and Matt, Regis and Kelly, Hoda and Kathy Lee to keep me company! How did you handle your baby’s first day of school???

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...