This post is a re-run from the League of Super Heros and Villains Invitations post in 2009 with some significant improvements, clearer instructions and larger images so you can make your own party invitations too.
Last year J wanted a super hero slash super villain party theme. To keep things on the cheap, I had the kids arrive in their favorite Halloween costumes. Princesses can be super heroes too!
To save even more money on party invitations, I got really creative and made them from supplies I already had lying around the house. I downloaded the Star Wars font to add a graphic novel flair to the invites! I searched online until I found a graphic I liked. (Remember to check copyright and user agreements before using any image from a site.) I uploaded it on Photobucket to add some text but this can done in Photoshop or some other photo editing software.
Once the imagery is set up, onto wording the invitation. Wording the invitation is a critical step in establishing a great theme right off the bat! I searched the internet for phrasing ideas. This was the hardest part!
I cut the card stock in half length wise for an overall size of 8"x5 1/2". The cards were folded in half so it opens from the bottom up. From there it's a matter of cut and paste!
| Invitation cover wording includes "We here at the League of Super Hero's & Villains have noticed you and your special skills. Skills that are necessary to fighting the war of Good vs. Evil. Do you think you have what it takes to be a Super Hero or Villain? Anakin Skywalker thinks so!" From Windows Live Writer |
![]() |
| Inside lower flap of invitation: "He has invited you to our Super Hero & Villain training facility at (insert party address). Training begins at (insert time of party) & is scheduled to end at (insert party pick up time) on (insert party date). Please come in your Super Hero or Villain uniform/costume and be prepared for training. Being a Super Hero or Villain isn't for everyone but it could be for you! We hope you decide to become a part of the League of Super Hero's and Villains. May the Force be with your! -Queen (insert mom's name). Please RSVP (insert phone number or email address)" From Windows Live Writer |
The first image is the invitation cover. I glued a tin foil square to my card stock then glued the printed images to the tin foil. The second image is the invitation's message including the location, date and time of the party. This is mounted to the inside bottom half of the card stock.
I included a Schedule of Events to give everyone an idea of party activities we would do and the refreshments I planned to serve the kids. This is very helpful to parents and kids alike. Again, it continues building the excitement and anticipation of the party plus it provides the parents the ability to deal with potential food allergies before the party begins. This was mounted to the back of the invitations.
![]() |
| Backside of party invitation includes a list of scheduled activities. From Windows Live Writer |
To make scheduling a little easier for the parents, I included a Save the Date card. Again, it was very simple using the graphic I created for the invitation cover and the most pertinent information printed on a business card. SUPER SIMPLE! I mounted tin foil to the upper inside flap to give the invite a little more ZIP. Add stick on photo corners to secure the card inside the invitation ensures it make it to the child's home in one piece!
![]() |
| Inside top flap includes the "Save the Date" card for parents! From Windows Live Writer |
That's it! Simple tricks to making birthday party invitations on the cheap!






0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment