I'm not one of those anti-television - zero video games - only educational videos allowed kind of moms. We are gadget people. We actually love our television. and satellite. and dvr....oooohhhh the dvr!
Each of the kids has a set in their rooms. We have one in the living room and one in hub's and my bedroom plus two small one's with the VCR combo that hang in the basement. We have an Xbox 360, a Wii, a Nintendo DS and DSi. I told you, we're gadget people!
Normally, I limit the kids' screen time but since school's been out, I've been REALLY lax on those rules. After the last few days, I remember why I had those limits in place to begin with. The kids have been staying up late watching the boob toob instead of getting some shut-eye. They've been fighting over what shows are on the living room television as well as who plays what on the video games. I'm seriously about to lose my marbles over all this chaos!
I realize they're adjusting to daddy being gone on the road and I'm sure I haven't helped by allowing the TV to rule the roost this week but I’m fixin this problem!
Tonight, things are a changin! Televisions are going off at 9pm. Rather the satellite box is going off at 9pm! I've got an outlet timer I can use so I won't have to remember. They can watch television snow for all I care but the satellite is off tonight.
With any luck, the yard will be dry enough they can go out and run off some of their excess energy!

0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment