Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Friday, June 18, 2010

Covered in Bubble Wrap

Expecting Mother After you become a mom, a light switch seems to flick on inside you. You suddenly become the safety police!

Remember that lovely coffee table you cherished so much? The gorgeous focal point of you entire living room...

It’s now a crawling. walking. hazard. to anyone under 2 feet tall!

Everything is either a choking hazard or something they can stick up their noses or in their ears. You clean and sanitize EVERYTHING hoping there’s nothing in the food or water to make them sick. All your furniture is padded and anchored to the walls or floors. You see danger at every corner and it all happens in the blink of an eye!

As kids get older they gain more bumps and bruises - despite your best efforts to shroud their world in bubble wrap! It starts to sink in, you can’t protect them from EVERYTHING! Sometimes a kid needs to learn “the hard way”!

I’ve learned this the hard way! My almost 4 year old is nick named Wild Man for a reason!

Danger...Baby Hazard Ahead! He would literally jump off the furniture and land squarely on his knees! {OUCH} He gets up laughing and goes back for more! Of course I scold him but it does little to sway his defiant streak! I swear I held my breath every time I caught him doing it. Finally he learned his lesson when he came down hard and popped his chin on his knee. It didn’t bleed or anything but it smarted right good! Lesson learned! ;D

If this is any indication of what his future holds…

Does anyone have any extra bubble wrap? I think I’m going to need it!

Evenflo has just released the Momentum 65 DLX Convertible Car Seat, with features that help make safety, installation and use as easy as possible for parents. Evenflo and JuiceBoxJungle sponsored me to write this post, and talk about what child safety means to me and my family.

Technorati Tags: ,,

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...