Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Strut Your Stuff Weekly Meme

Welcome to this week's Strut Your Stuff Saturday Meme.

MY STUFF
This weekend is Father's Day weekend. I hope you have special plans for dad. If not, I have a few ideas to make dad's day special without busting your budget.

  • Fun with hand prints, fingerprints or even toe prints - Grab some fabric paint and a plain tee, tie, or hankie and have the kids add their prints to make dad an extra special keepsake.
  • Serve it up - Get the kids involved in making dad his favorite meal. Treat dad like he's at a 5-star restaurant with a full waiter service, linen napkins, and nicely set table. Don't forget the dessert!!!
  • Help him take a load off - Pick a few "dad" chores and take them over for the week. Dad will appreciate the extra down time to do his favorite things.
  • Plan a special day trip - Organize a picnic, fishing trip, hike or boating trip. Use whatever free resources you have and spend the day outdoors with the big guy doing what he loves as a family.
  • Movie night - If all else fails, make a run to the movie rental store or pull up the latest flicks On-Demand and let dad pick out his favorite movie and enjoy it with a tub of freshly popped popcorn and a soda!
These are just a few cheap and fun ideas to prop dad up on Father's Day!

Last Week's Stuff
Chaya has graced us again with two more fabulously tasty looking recipes. Her Balsamic Marinaded Chicken is one of those recipes I bookmarked for future reference. It's easy enough but the combination of flavors promise to be really spectacular. Her red peppers stuffed with creamy mashed potatoes remind me of something I would eat in Cracker Barrel. Stuffed peppers isn't one of those recipes I think to turn to often but she's got me thinking I should!

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...