Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Uncle Ben’s Recipe Contest - Winner Announced

Uncle Ben’s is a product I use quite often in many of my recipes. It’s such a versatile ingredient. It makes a great side dish simply served plain with a little salt, some butter and herbs mixed in. Add it to soups or stews to increase the hardiness of a dish. Remix leftovers by stirring in some of Uncle Ben’s rice and steamed vegetables. Grind it and use it to thicken sauces, soups, or stews just like flour. It can even pull dessert duty by adding a bit of cream or milk, some sugar, and cinnamon!

Some of my favorite rice recipes include:
Rice is a heart healthy product that can enhance almost any meal. To help you kick start healthy meals, Uncle Ben’s has generously offered one reader an Uncle Ben’s Gift Basket full of fabulous goodies. There are novelty items, coupons for Uncle Ben’s products as well as at least 4 varieties of Uncle Ben’s rice products.


Winner Announced: Comment #24 is the lucky winner!
mamawj said...http://twitter.com/itsallnew2me/status/14056682362


Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your favorite healthy recipe using rice. (It doesn’t have to be a full recipe, an general description will be fine)
Bonus Entries: Please leave one comment for each entry method. You comment is your entry. If you have 3 entries, leave 3 comments. Please leave the appropriate links in the comment so I can verify your entry.
  1. Share the giveaway with social media or bookmarks. (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, etc) 1 entry per share. You can “like” this giveaway at the top of this post for a quick entry.
  2. Follow me or subscribe (Google Friend Connect, RSS, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc) 1 entry per method.
  3. Start or reply to a discussion in my Blog Frog Community. 1 entry per reply.
  4. Post this giveaway to another giveaway site or linky. 2 entries per link.
  5. Blog, tweet or post the giveaway on Facebook. 1 entry per tweet/post
This giveaway will stay open for two weeks. It will end Saturday night, May 22, at midnight CST. A winner will be drawn via Random.org and contacted via the email address or profile link provided in the contest entry. The winning entry will be added to this post after I have received confirmation from the winner.

*Disclosure: The opinions expressed on this blog are 100% mine and not influenced by any free samples, compensation, or free product reviews. I will receive a gift basket just like the prize being offer in this giveaway as a courtesy for posting and processing this giveaway.

Special Bonus Contest
Good Housekeeping is currently running a special Cook Your Heart Out recipe contest. Here’s some official information about their contest.
Recipes can be submitted in one of six culinary categories: Fast and Easy, Elegant Entertaining, Family-Friendly, Ethnic Favorites, Occasional Treats, and Starters.  After all the entries are reviewed in the Good Housekeeping Test Kitchens, Good Housekeeping will fly three finalists from each of the six categories to New York City, August 27 – 30, to prepare their recipes for a panel of noted chefs and judges.  The chef with the best nutritious and tasty recipe will receive $125,000 and one runner-up in each category will win $5,000.
The last day for submissions to Good Housekeeping’s contest is May 15th. Each recipe submission must meet the American Heart Association’s guidelines. You can view the contest page and enter here.

P.S.-Don't forget to the Archives.com Giveaway valued at $200!

40 Smart Sayings:

janetfaye said...

I like cooked white rice sauteed in olive oil with sliced onions. I serve it with plain yogurt.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

Tweet:
http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/13708930572

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I follow with GFC - janetfaye

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I make fried rice with precooked rice, fried egg, seasonings, and whatever leftover veggies I have in the fridge!

Christie
ropp(dot)5@wright(dot)edu

Mamawj's Moment Away said...

I love chicken with chicken gravey over white rice and blackeyed peas and coleslaw as the side dishes thanks
sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

Mamawj's Moment Away said...

my tweet
http://twitter.com/itsallnew2me/status/13931964840
sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

Momma Told Me said...

My favorite rice recipe is a Thai Pineapple and Cashew Fried Rice with raisins.

six_one_nine_girlie86 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Momma Told Me said...

I 'like' this giveaway!
Jenna Marie-Wood

six_one_nine_girlie86 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Momma Told Me said...

I follow on Twitter-Pyrodamsel

six_one_nine_girlie86 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Momma Told Me said...

I am a FB friend! Jenna MArie-Wood

six_one_nine_girlie86 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Momma Told Me said...

I follow via google.

six_one_nine_girlie86 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Julie said...

We like Spanish Rice

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie said...

fb fan-Julie L

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I have a chicken and snow pea skillet recipe that tastes great over rice.

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to your blog via google reader

Anonymous said...

layered "haystacks" - lettuce, rice, ground beef with taco-seasoning, and cheese - had it for supper tonight - it's quick, easy, and tasty
june_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com

Kristen said...

My favorite way to eat rice is with chicken kebobs from the bbq...marinated chicken, onion, bell pepper, pineapple and tomatoes all grilled on a skewer and eaten over rice, yum!

couponboss at gmail dot com

Mamawj's Moment Away said...

http://twitter.com/itsallnew2me/status/14056682362
tweeted
sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

janetfaye said...

I blogged:
http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2010/05/frugal-front-porch-uncle-bens-recipe.html

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Merrie L. said...

I like to make Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with rice! lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com

Merrie L. said...

I subscribe. lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com

Merrie L. said...

I subscribe to your feed. lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com

Merrie L. said...

I follow on fb. ID: Merrie L. lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com

Merrie L. said...

I follow you on twitter. Username: mjl6mom2 lockwoodmerrie@yahoo.com

janetfaye said...

RSS subscribed with Google Reader.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

ohhhfire said...

my favorite recipe using rice is sushi! i love using rice, cucumber, nori, alvocado, shrimp and crab and making them into fancy rolls!!
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

im a google friend connect follower
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

i am a twitter follower
@ohhhfire
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

i am a facebook fan
jenn giannetto
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

ohhhfire said...

i am a rss subscriber
ohhhfire@hotmail.com

Stephanie Grant said...

I love to add grilled veggies over my white rice with a bit of Italian Dressing!
thegrants(at)live(dot)com

Stephanie Grant said...

I "like" this post on Facebook (Stephanie Petty-Grant)
thegrants(at)live(dot)com

Stephanie Grant said...

Tweet:
http://twitter.com/sgrant2005/status/14074758274
thegrants(at)live(dot)com

Stephanie Grant said...

I follow via Google Friend Connect
thegrants(at)live(dot)com

Stephanie Grant said...

I subscribe via e-mail
thegrants(at)live(dot)com

Stephanie Grant said...

I added you as a friend on Facebook (Stephanie Petty-Grant)
thegrants(at)live(dot)com

Stephanie Grant said...

I follow you on Twitter @sgrant2005
thegrants(at)live(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Broccoli rice casserole. I add chicken to it for a one pot meal. Yep - uses canned soup. Actually turns out very tasty is always the first thing gone.

You would think by now I'd have learned to make two.

jengd said...

I LOVE tofu and tomato chunks simmered in ginger, garlic, lite coconut milk, soy sauce and Thai red curry paste, all served over rice! It's one of my favs!

Wehaf said...

I love to layer shallots, chicken breasts, and tomato sauce over cooked brown rice, cover with foil, and bake until the chicken is done. It's low fat and delicious!

urchiken at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...