Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Make a Tiered Birthday Cake Pincushion with the DIY Dish

The DIY Dish is a fabulous new site the You Can Make This girls Kim and Kris have created to showcase fun easy crafts to embellish our homes (and dare I say - our spirits)! You can view a new webisode each week to see what the girls are crafting.

The First Webisode!
This week is their first webisode so they appropriately showed us how to make a tiered birthday cake pincushion. I LOVE this! I've got felt and fabric in my stash so the idea of making an oversized cake with some gorgeous decorations makes me giddy. The shocking thing about it...the simplicity of the idea. Virtually NO SEWING is required yet you can make them in so many different shapes and colors. It's amazing and I'm left wondering, "Why didn't I think of that?"

Let's not forget about the giveaways.
They still have the Janome sewing and embroidery machine giveaway going on till the March 30th but Heather Baily has generously offered 10 pincushion kits complete with instructions, fabric, and decorations for another fabulous giveaway.
See the webisode below.

(You may need to view this post on the blog's site in order to view the video).


0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...