This is the theme of Joey's birthday party next weekend. How fantastic does that sound? To set the tone of the party and our guests expectations, I got really creative with the invitations. I managed to find and download the Star Wars font which added a little extra oomph to the invites! I found a graphic I liked online, loaded it on Photobucket and added some text. I searched the internet for ideas on wording my invitation-which was the hardest part! I used a word processor and printed it on regular copy paper. To give the text the scrolling appearance, start the first line with a small font then enlarge the font every few lines. Toss in some tin foil and off white/beige colored card stock and you've got a great party invite.
I cut the card stock in half length wise for an overall size of 8"x5 1/2". The cards were folded in half so it opens from the bottom up. From there it's a matter of cut and paste!
The first image is the invitation cover. I glued a tin foil square to my card stock then glued the printed images to the tin foil. The second image is the invites message mounted to the inside bottom half of the card stock. I wanted to include a Schedule of Events to give everyone an idea of what we'd be doing and the refreshments we're serving. This was mounted to the back of the invitations.
To make things a little easier for the parents, I also created a Save the Date card. Again, it was very simple using the graphic I created for the invitation cover and the most pertinent information all printed on a business card. I wanted to jazz it up a bit on the inside so I mounted tin foil to the upper inside flap. Photo corners secured the card inside the invitation to ensure it made it from here to school to the child's home! So far everyone's loved the invitations! I just hope the rest of the party turns out just as wonderful!
Just a note to all you paper crafters out there-I don't know how you display your creations so lovely! I tried snapping some pictures and scanning; still my presentation doesn't compare to how so many of you display your gorgeous creations! I bow to the paper crafting queens of bloggyland!

0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment