Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Busy Week Ahead

It just dawned on me how busy the next week and a half will be around here. By far the biggest event next week is a big birthday party. Joey turns 8 next Wednesday so we're having his party on Valentine's Day (cross your fingers for a big turn out)! He's decided on a Super Hero & Villain Party which is going to be really fun but there's still lots of work left. I've got to finish putting together the games, make the piñata, and prepare the butter cream transfer for his cake. I'll be posting more on it later in the week!

Joey with Superman

Historically I've taken cupcakes to school to celebrate the kids' birthday but this year I'm thinking of making something different. Maybe cookie dough truffles, birthday cookie lollipops, monkey bread (for the class full of monkeys-lol)...I'd like something Hero or Villain-ish but just can't think of anything. Joey likes the cookie lollipop idea so I may just make one with a superman type logo on them with a 'J' instead of the 'S'!

Then there's preparing the house for the onslaught of 8 year olds running through the house. Trying to get Joey to clean his room requires a Congressional order and threats of high treason before anything begins to happen! With any luck, he'll want his room to look decent for his friends but then again...Regardless, I'll have the basics covered-dishes, laundry, party area, bathroom, etc cleared but I fully expect to have a totally decimated house after the rampage is over! I'm sure it'll be worth the small price! :)

Then there's Valentine's Day! I have no idea what the plan is for Vday except to recover from the party and prepare for Sunday! What's Sunday you ask? ONLY THE BIGGEST DAY IN RACING SEASON-THE DAYTONA 500! I don't mean to shout, I'm just that into my NASCAR racing! Betcha didn't know that about me huh? I'm a NASCAR nut! My main driver is Jeff Gordon and the smokin hot #24 Chevy Dupont car! I'm hoping he'll break the streak and win us one right out of the gate earning the $1 million purse too!!!! I can't wait! I'm so very excited, the Bud Shootout is this weekend on Fox  so I can FINALLY get my racing fix! There's just something about loud motors, fast cars, and all those good looking guys in fire proof suits that makes a girl swoon!

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...