Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Monday, October 4, 2010

Who Says TV is Bad for Kids???

This is the american Disney Channel logo.Image via Wikipedia
Kids are very observant creatures. They absorb what they see without you realizing it. Wild Man watches a lot of Nick Jr. and Disney. He probably views more television than what is "recommended" but I have a very lenient and tech friendly home.

The key is to know your family's core values and when things start to fall out of alignment, it's time to pull the plug - so to speak! 

Cartoons and children's television programming has definitely come a long way since I was a kid. More and more children's shows seem to have a learning curve encompassed in each episode. Personally, I like preschool programs on both networks that discuss morals and basic learning concepts like shapes, colors, letters, etc. 
I really like the mini shows Disney puts on in between two 30 minute episodes during the day. It's a short video designed to get the kids up moving and singing! They have several themes, one takes place on a train while another has a robot leading the show. This is a new concept in programming I would love see more of.
Who says television is bad for kids?
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...