Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Free Fun For the Four Fellas!

The Four Fellas trying to start the sprinkler! We’re still adjusting to trucker hubby being on the road most of the week and now we’ve added two more boys to the mix. Hubby’s two sons, ages 7 and 11, are here for the remainder of the summer. YIKES ~ I’m the only chic in the house!

Money is still really tight since we’re still recovering from his transition from Unemployment to, thankfully, Full-Time Employment with benefits! ;D We’re pinching pennies, analyzing every cent spent ensuring there’s a purpose for every expenditure.

Things have gone remarkably well for the first week with the boys here. No major fist-to-cuffs have occurred nor have we had any meltdowns. ALL. POSITIVE. THINGS! With the extra kids comes extra laundry, dishes, cooking, etc…BUT it also means there are extra sets of hands to help with those chores. Remember the saying, “Idle hands are the Devil’s tools”?

Lance running through the cold sprinklers I’ve kept the kiddos pretty busy ~ part of the reason we’ve avoided any major moody dilemmas or snarky confrontations. We’ve been fortunate to have some spectacular weather this week and I’ve taken FULL ADVANTAGE!!! The kids have ridden their bikes, played in the sandbox, mini golf in the yard, walked the dog, and we even played in the sprinklers. I’ve had them help with chores around the house. Sweeping, vacuuming, taking out the trash, loading the dishwasher, helping with the laundry, etc.

They’ve also had plenty of down time, reading on their books, playing video games, and we even watched Alice in Wonderland on Sunday (only $.99 via Dish on Demand till tomorrow). When they start to get a bit restless and bicker with one another, I send ‘em outside! They may only be outside for a few minutes but their attitude completely changes once they come back inside. The fresh air and sunshine are free and the benefits are FANTASTIC!

Richard reading Later this week, I hope to take them on a hike at the lake and enjoy a picnic for lunch. We still haven’t hit the local playground or walked the river bank. All free and fun things for us to do this week.

The only things I’m worried about not surviving is our first trip to the grocery store while hubby’s on the road! Wish me luck ~ I know I’ll need it!

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...