Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Car Club Car Shows – Free Family Fun

In my neck of the woods, summer means CAR SHOWS. Car club members in Minnesota, North Dakota and even Canada come together several times throughout the summer to show off their fancy wheels. These events are totally free which means a fun family friendly event that’s easy of the bank account.

Classic Car Show

I’m not a car junkie. I don’t know the difference between an engine and a carburetor but you don’t have to know cars to enjoy the show. The cars are gorgeous with amazing paint jobs and impressively restored interior. Those blue and orange NOS bottles in the back seat make these babies go REALLY REALLY FAST! Hey, I’m not a total idiot. I watched the Fast and the Furious! ;D

You can do so much more than just view the cars like we do. Depending on the location of the car show, you can bring a blanket and some grub to enjoy a lovely picnic. Maybe there’s a playground nearby or you can bike as a family to the event. Is it near a park with grills? Bring some charcoal and raw meat for a barbeque.

The car clubs come together to give their members an opportunity to gather in a fun environment. They also sell some of their vendor sponsored products. I’ve never purchased anything from the car club car shows so I’m not sure how competitive the prices are. Remember you don’t have to buy anything to enjoy the event.

What are some cheap or free activities you do with the family during the summers?

Technorati Tags: ,,,

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...