This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of USC. All opinions are 100% mine.
A few days ago I mentioned our family is experiencing a few major lifestyle changes. What I didn’t tell you was I have decided to further my education and go back to college. My goal is to get an Associates Degree in Web Design.
I have chosen to get my degree online for several reasons. Online classes are really my only option since I live over 80 miles from the nearest campus. This makes it virtually impossible for me to attend a traditional classroom. The cost and time of travel alone would consume more of our resources than I can reasonably commit to my education.
This fall my youngest will begin preschool so I felt the time was right to get my degree. Online classes are flexible allowing me to “attend” class as my schedule permits. I was encouraged to start earlier (as in this week!) but I felt this would be unwise since my two step-sons will arrive this weekend and hopefully my daughter will follow in a few weeks. This means there will be five kids running amuck for at least a month! NO WAY am I attempting to go back to school with all this chaos! ;D
Fall session, here I come!
My overall goal is to work from home as a Web Designer. Able to not only design cute buttons and headers for blogs but create full functioning web sites for businesses and communities. I know it will be tough but it will be well worth it in the long run. I have a long term plan and I fully intend to see it through. Who knows, I may end up with a Bachelor’s to help further my career even more!
If I had decided to go into the teaching field, University of Southern California would have definitely been tops on my list of schools. They offer a Masters in Arts of Teaching degree with an accelerated program you can complete in as little as 12 months. As an online student you also have the same privileges and rights as an on-campus in-classroom USC student from participating in commencement exercises to free lifetime Alumni Associations memberships. You gain the prestige of becoming part of the USC Trojan Family.
MAT (Masters in Arts of Teaching) at USC program information features:
- Student blog to get the inside scoop.
- Groundbreaking tuition program.
- Unique tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities.
- Awarded by AACTE for innovative use of technology in education.
Have (or are) you going back to school? I’d love any advice or tips you can offer a freshman! With any luck, I will get scholarships and grants to cover my tuition in full but if you have any financial aid resources, I’d love to hear about those as well!!! ;D

0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment