It’s been quite a fantastic week with beautiful weather and plenty of sunshine. We were able to finally get the garden in this week. Our strawberries were planted later than I would have liked but I noticed this afternoon there are a few flower buds already sprouted. I’m thinking we’ll have fresh strawberries in a few weeks! Our pea pods are already blooming. I’ve already got tomatoes on the vine…we’re just waiting for them to ripen!
Last Week’s Stuff
My friend Stephanie, creator of Make It From Scratch linked up a yummy post showing us how easy it is to make homemade mac n cheese. This post is also part of the weekly blog carnival. Make sure you check out the other links in the blog carnival! There’s so many great projects.
She also linked up a post from her personal blog giving us an update of things going on around her farm. I was really surprised to see they are already butchering chickens it seems just hatched a few weeks ago!
Chaya linked up a couple of recipes that look very promising! I’ve never had salmon but her salmon with the works, looks REALLY tasty. I may have to talk hubby into trying this one. If I can’t talk him into trying the salmon, I KNOW I can tempt him with her Tyler Florence inspired sweet potato and banana puree. I imagine this would be even better baked into a pie pastry!
This Week’s Stuff

0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment