Usually the kids rehide the eggs in and around the house for an extra week of good ole fashioned egg hunting. Unless Sandy, our cat, has gotten to them. She loves tossing them all over the house, bouncing them from one side of the dining room to the other. As cute as she is, at 3am all the clacking sounds of the plastic egg on the linoleum are quite annoying. This is usually when the plastic nuisances are tossed into the trash.
Instead of tossing good money into the trash, I like to reuse them whenever I can. They make the perfect storage item for a variety of common household items. The larger eggs can obviously house larger items but the smaller ones are quite useful as well. Pop them in your suitcase during travel, and you’ve got a convenient place to store all sorts of odd ball items. A sharpie marker and a spot of tape make these super convenient storage devices. Here’s a few items you can easily store in plastic eggs.
cotton balls loose change board game pieces camera memory cards Nintendo DSi games jewelry bobbins buttons |
|
What do you do with your plastic eggs?



1 Smart Sayings:
I usually just put them in a bag and store them until next year...then I can spend more on the candy and not have to worry about the eggs :)
I guess you could also put some of them in your kids play kitchen as eggs that can crack open to cook
Post a Comment