Can you believe it; an entire day dedicated to celebrating the art of napping? Trust me, as a SAHM with a 3 year old running rampant, there is an “art” to napping. I try to grab my nap when Wild Man is sleeping or when hubster is watching him.
“You nap?” you ask shocked and amazed. “As often as possible” is my response! I figure if the great minds like Leonardo Da Vinci and Thomas Edison took daily naps while producing some of the world’s most significant works then who am I to knock it. I look at it like it is recharging my batteries. As parents, we don’t always get a full 8 hours rest at night. Most of us don’t have time or the cash for a full scale weekend getaway or even the money to pamper ourselves with a mani/pedi. Taking a nap, even a 5 minute power nap, is a frugal way to make you feel like a million bucks. After all, it’s FREE! Besides, the more rest I get, the better I feel which results in me being a better parent. A win for both me and my family!
To celebrate National Napping Day, I’ve teamed up once again with Protect-A-Bed to offer you some great prize opportunities.
Protect-A-Bed Twitter Party
Today only, Protect-A-Bed is hosting a Twitter contest. They want to know the funniest and/or strangest places you’ve gotten your snooze on.
The prizes: Premium Pillow Protectors randomly given to the folks who tweet their story.
Entry is easy. Simply follow @Protect_A_Bed on twitter and tweet your story in 140 characters or less with the hashtag #nappingday throughout the day Monday.
*No purchase is necessary but you must have a Twitter account. Sign up for a free Twitter account.
Protect-A-Bed has generously offered a Queen Sized Premium Mattress Protector to one you. The suggested retail value is $79.99 for this item. If you remember, I reviewed this same product last spring. It is fantastic, has held up very well over the past year and I still love it.
This came in REALLY handy when we were hit with the stomach virus after Christmas. I spared you the trauma of reading about it on the blog but me and Wild Man were piled on my bed for several days making mad runs to the bathroom. I’ll simply say, there was a few times, I am SOOO glad I had the Premium Mattress Cover on my bed! Definitely worth $80!
Enter to win…
Comment number 6 is our winner. Kowanda McBride is our lucky winner.
…your very own Queen Sized Premium Mattress Protector by uploading a funny photo of your sleeping family in the comments below – it can be you, your spouse, the kids, or the furry family members. Don’t have a funny photo? Tell me you favorite nap related story!
Are there extra entries? OF COURSE!
- Leave a comment for every #nappingday story you tweet along with the link to the tweet – this means one tweet on Monday earns you entries into BOTH giveaways!
- Leave a separate comment for all the ways you follow me or the blog – Twitter, Facebook, Google Friend Connect, subscribe via email and/or reader.
- Leave a comment every time you share this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook, Delicious, Stumble, etc. – just don’t spam your followers.
- Leave a comment if you entered the BIG Bisquick Pancake Nation Goodie Box Giveaway.
*This giveaway was brought to you through my connection with Global Influence. I will receive a Queen Size Premium Mattress Protector as a courtesy for posting this information and hosting the giveaway. All opinions remain 100% mine and NOT influenced by any free or discounted product I may receive*

21 Smart Sayings:
Naps in the springtime are fun for me because we moved a recliner into the carport. Now I can nap ghetto style in the fresh air!
bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com
My favorite naps were with my son when he was a baby. I would lay down on the couch or bed and lay him on top of me. I miss those days!
kowandamcbride at yahoo dot com
I follow you on twitter (Kowanda)
kowandamcbride at yahoo dot com
I follow via google friends connect
kowandamcbride at yahoo dot com
I subscribe via email
kowandamcbride at yahoo dot com
I follow you on facebook
kowandamcbride at yahoo dot com
My baby always gets sleepy eating. It's so cute!
[URL=http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/jjak2003/napping%20baby/?action=view¤t=100_3108.jpg][IMG]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/jjak2003/napping%20baby/th_100_3108.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/jjak2003/napping%20baby/?action=view¤t=100_3107.jpg][IMG]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/jjak2003/napping%20baby/th_100_3107.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
When my son was a toddler, he would occasionally fall asleep in his highchair, while eating. A couple of times, he landed face first into his food :)
lisabradford101@gmail.com
I'm now following you in Google Reader!
lisabradford101@gmail.com
I had entered the BIG Bisquick Pancake Nation Goodie Box Giveaway!
lisabradford101@gmail.com
I'm a new follower via google friends connect!
lisabradford101@gmail.com
I use to take naps with my kids when they were younger-which we both needed
aunteegem@yahoo.com
FB fan-Julie A Scott Laws
aunteegem@yahoo.com
follow blog as jelaws5
aunteegem@yahoo.com
email subscsriber
aunteegem@yahoo.com
Here's a pic of my husband sleeping with our pets: http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/mgonyeo/phone001.jpg
My favorite nap stories are from college when my roommate and I would take naps in our bunkbeds on Sunday afternoons. We always intended to only sleep for a little bit, but would wake up when it was dark! (Sorry, no photo!)
I'm a facebook fan.
I follow you on twitter (@bluefroggie)
I subscribe via google reader.
I follow via Google friend connect.
Post a Comment