Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Have a Kickin Valentine's

It's hard to find boy themed Valentines that aren't cheesy or "lame" as my son would say...especially the older he gets. This is why I planned to make some awesome Valentine's that are macho and play right to my kid's preferences.

My original idea was to create Secret Mission Valentines for J-Man. He loves all the Super Secret Spy stuff so I thought this would be a nice way to "man up" a valentine. I had grand plans of making tiny mission folders with secret missions, code words, along with spy glasses (black rimmed sunglasses with a red film inserts). I had dreams of making him a cool sleek black briefcase to take his Secret Mission Valentines to school, dress him in a button up shirt, black tie, black rimmed sunglasses, and slick hair. You know, like those guys in the Matrix or Mission Impossible (before they're all banged up from fighting some sort of terrorist on a boat or plane that blew up with them on board somehow killing the bad guy but the devilishly handsome good guy walks away with a little limp, some dirty smudges around his face but otherwise in great shape and wrinkle free clothes!) That was the look I was aiming for but alas those dreams of a Secret Spy Valentine haved dissolved.

After dealing with a horrible sinus infection for over two weeks, I didn't have the energy or time to find all the supplies to execute this idea properly AND make all the goodies we are suppose to take to his Valentine's Day school party. On top of Valentine related planning, I am planning J-Man's birthday excursion. (His birthday is Thursday and am obligated by the universal mom code to make cupcakes for the class. This is the day BEFORE the Valentine's Day party so I'm going to be a busy little bee the next few days.) Oh well...onto the back up plan.

The back up plan is simple. J-Man takes Taekwondo and loves it so I thought a Martial Arts inspired Valentine would be perfect for my little guy! With his help and invaluable input we worked out his new Valentine this afternoon. It's not as elegant as the one I originally planned but it does not require any cutting or pasting. He helped make it and we're awefully proud. I'll even share it with you in case you need a quick original Valentine.  (Just click the image to open a new window to either download or print the image for you own use)

The Karate Valentine is printed on plain white paper with a 1/4 page fold so it's economical and you only print what you need. All the images used are from free clipart so it didn't cost us anything to make. Just a few minutes together which is priceless!

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...