Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Red Lake Indian Reservation, MN

The hubster, kids, myself and a friend of ours spent two nights and three days at the brand new Seven Clans Casino in Red Lake Indian Reservation earlier this week. I was so excited! I have never been to a casino before and had no idea what to expect – other than what you see on TV and in the movies! Like any of that’s realistic!!! Another reason I was super psyched was because the trip didn’t cost us a thing except the gas to get there! A weekend where you don’t have to worry about anything! No bills to pay, no schedules to keep up with, no laundry or cooking, no doctor’s appointments or worker’s comp claims to think about! Just a fun weekend with the family!!!!

Map picture

In December, the casino ran a giveaway for a 2 night stay, plus meals, plus $1,000 in gaming cash for each of their three locations – Thief River, Red Lake, & Warroad. I accidentally found the promotion. The location nearest us has a huge indoor water park so I was curious if they would have a Santa schedule for the kiddos. We had a friend in the hospital in the area and I was trying to kill two birds with one stone. Visit our friend AND get the kids in front of Santa! Classic multi-tasking mom thinking! Any-who Santa didn’t have a scheduled stop but I saw the banner for the contest and thought, “Hmmm, why not? I’m already here and I can’t win if I don’t enter!” A few weeks later, hubster answered the phone thinking it was a telemarketer with “What did I win today?” We both about fell out of our chairs when we found out we won a trip to their newly built casino/hotel in Red Lake. Once we got up off the floor, I got all the paperwork signed and booked the trip only to discover they didn’t have any regular suites available for the date we wanted…

…so they upgraded us to a balcony suite with a fireplace. SHAWEEET! I even got a friend of mine to go with us to help with the kids. It was so much fun! More details and pictures of the trip coming soon!!!

New-red-lake-casino

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...