My birthday is 11 days before Christmas. My anniversary is 11 days AFTER Christmas. Poor hubster gets hit pretty hard this time of year. Sunday, we were in a store called Pamida looking for crafty type stuff. Googly eyes, softie stuffing, magnets, and other kinds of things for me to finish off a few projects. Well, he made an off hand comment a few days before about buying a Wii for the kids and me since it's been publicly (VERY publicly) on theirs list and secretly on mine. He must have seen my Amazon wish list or read comments I've made on other blogs!!! I was completely blown away when he got the electronics gal take one to the cashier.
I knew we had the money for it so it didn't blow out the Santa budget. It was a great price and even came with the Wii Sports. I also have a Wii Jumpstart preschool game I won through a giveaway which will be a great stocking stuffer. We're cooped up six months out of the year in a winter wonderland so the natives get a little restless after a bit.It just being so close to Christmas, I don't like breaking out big purchases like this...
...but I've been wanting one of these for months now so I couldn't resist. We broke it out that night. Two hours later, we're turning the game off and getting ready for bed. After all, it IS a school night. I am not a gamer but this thing is so much more than a game system. I am totally into the Wii. The kids love it and everyone can play with just one controller. GENIUS!!!
The only drawback - I woke up the next morning with a sore shoulder and elbow. I think the Nintendo Wii should come with a warning like...
"Operate with extreme caution! Highly addictive game could result in Wii Elbow, especially for players over the age of 30 something! Play with care!"
Right, like that would have stopped me! ;)

2 Smart Sayings:
They are so much fun. Enjoy and Happy Birthday to you!
Thanks Debby!
Frugally Fun-Jenn
Post a Comment