Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sesame Street Live: 1-2-3 Imagine! (plus Discounts, Freebies, & a Giveaway) - Closed


Sesame Street Live is a fantastic musical show including all your favorite characters: Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Abby Cadabby, and more! I took my oldest daughter to the Let's Be Friends Show in 2001. She absolutely loved it, laughing and jumping up and down throughout the entire show. The characters were larger than life and frequently came down the aisle asking for audience participation. She was 3 years old at the time so I don't think she remembers the experience but I do! There was dancing, music and confetti! TONS. OF. CONFETTI. Do I need to say more? The show was about 90 minutes long with an intermission about halfway through. We were both exhausted after the show but in a good way!!!

Dancing + Music + Confetti + Elmo, Big Bird, & the rest of the Sesame Street gang = Tons of FUN!

1-2-3 Imagine! with Elmo & Friends is the newest show added to the Sesame Street line up. It's scheduled to hit the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN January 13-17. Even though the show is a good 8 hours away, it would be a great excuse for a weekend get away after the hustle and bustle of the holidays! Here is how the VEE Corporation, creators of Sesame Street, describe the show:
Imagine singing and dancing with Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Big Bird and all your favorite Sesame Street Live friends! It’s as easy as counting “1-2-3 Imagine!” This high-energy musical will transport audiences to far away places as Ernie captains the high seas, Elmo dances to the rhythm of the African rainforest and Bert meets an octopus who has the blues. It’s a story of adventure and fun that teaches children they can be anyone, do anything and go anywhere with the power of imagination.
Tickets for the Target Center show dates are already on sale. Prices range from $10 to $36 make this perfect for any budget! Want it cheaper? I have a special $3 discount on all Target Center tickets. Click to buy the discounted tickets online or click for a printable coupon to use at the Target Center Box Office.

Tickets to all the shows are on sale. A pair of tickets would make a great last minute stocking stuffer! Hint! Hint! I also have some Sesame Street Live: 1-2-3 Live free printables for your stockings too.

Sesame Street Live
1-2-3 Imagine with Elmo & Friends
Minneapolis, MN Target Center
January 13 -17, 2010

Ticket Prices: $10 up to $36
Click to find a show near you and purchase tickets! (Use code COOKIE for discount to the Target Center show only)

GIVEAWAY ALERT!!!
Giveaway Closed - Congrats to Anne-comment #73! Enjoy the show!
Vee Corporation and Sesame Street has generously offered one of my lucky readers FOUR free ticket vouchers good for ANY Sesame Street Show in ANY LOCATION! Make sure to check for a show near you before entering the giveaway!

Required Entry - Tell me you or your child's favorite Sesame Street character.

Want more ways to enter??? Check out the bonus entries but, make sure to leave a comment for each entry so it counts.
  • Buy tickets to any Sesame Street Show - 5 entries
  • Link a photo or video of your kiddo (or you) with your favorite Sesame Street Character or watching the show - (you can easily do this through my comment entry box using the YouTube or Add Images button) 3 entries
  • Leave a comment with the location of the show you would like to attend - 1 entry
  • Tell me your favorite Sesame Street memory (can be about your or your kids) - 1 entry
  • Follow me on Facebook, Twitter or subscribe to the blog - 1 entry per method
  • Tweet the giveaway - 1 entry per tweet - no spamming!
Giveaway will end New Year's Eve, December 31st, midnight CST. Winner will be selected via Random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to a prize winner's email with a mailing address or a new winner will be drawn. The vouchers will be mailed USPS First Class mail. To redeem, you must take the vouchers to your show's box office location so please make sure a show will be in your area before entering the giveaway!

All downloads are in pdf format! Vouchers were provided by the VEE Corporation. I received no compensation, additional discounts, or special gifts for this post. I believe in Sesame Street's message and dedication to children and was happy to bring this information to you.

77 Smart Sayings:

debra muccio said...

My daughter loves Abby Cadabby!

afrugalfriend (at) hotmail.com

debra muccio said...

follow you on twitter @AFrugalFriend

afrugalfriend (at) hotmail.com

debra muccio said...

I'd like to attend the Dallas area show coming next year!  :)
afrugalfriend (at) hotmail.com

debra muccio said...

My favorite sesame street memory just happened this october when I was allowed to visit the actual set of Sesame Street at a blogging event!  Oh my.....I was "monster struck"!!

afrugalfriend (at) hotmail.com

debra muccio said...

Here's a photo of me with Elmo on Sesame Street in October!  It was so much fun

http://afrugalfriend.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-walk-down-sesame-street-sunny-day.html

afrugalfriend (at) hotmail.com

Sara Broers said...

I LOVE dear Elmo!
sara_broers(at)yahood(dot)com

Sara Broers said...

I would take my niece, nephew, and son to the show in Minneapolis at the Target Center in January!

sara_broers(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sara Broers said...

I subscribe through Google Friend Connect

sara_broers@yahoo.com
http://allinaniowamomsday.blogspot.com

Sharon Hudson said...

Elmo is my daughter's fave! sehudson2006@yahoo.com

Sharon Hudson said...

I would like to attend the Houston, TX show! sehudson2006@yahoo.com

Sharon Hudson said...

My fave Sesame Street memory is of me getting home from kindergarten and eating spaghetti o's while watching sesame street

Sharon Hudson said...

I added you on facebook sehudson2006@yahoo.com

Sharon Hudson said...

I'm following you on twitter marcysmom sehudson2006@yahoo.com

Sharon Hudson said...

I subscribed to your blog sehudson2006@yahoo.com

Deanna K said...

would love to win!
Thaks for the giveaway!
Snuffy was my favorite!
deannanb  at g mail

Deanna K said...

would love to win!
Thaks for the giveaway!
Snuffy was my favorite!
deannanb  at g mail

Deanna K said...

Would love to see it in Dallas!
Thanks!

deannanb at gmail

Deanna K said...

Not sure if there is one favorite memory, but I love that I know almost EVERY song - and that I can find almost any of the clips I want to watch on youtube!  Somehow I randomly start singing "Me and my llama are going to the dentist today"

deannanb (at) gmail

Deanna K said...

Posted on twitter
deannanb

Thanks!

Deanna K said...

Posted on twitter
deannanb

Thanks!

Deanna K said...

Posted on twitter
deannanb

Thanks!

Patricia said...

<span style=""></span>
<span style="font-family: verdana;">We would be attending the Detroit show! :) </span>pprice3@emich.edu

Patricia said...

<span style=""><span style="font-family: verdana;">I remember the first time my son said MelMo. Or, in our translation...Elmo <3</span>pprice3@emich.edu</span>

Patricia said...

<span style=""><span style="font-family: verdana;">Following you on Facebook!</span>pprice3@emich.edu</span>

Patricia said...

Following you on Twitter @gonabfamus04
pprice3@emich.edu

Patricia said...

Subscribed to your blog!
pprice3@emich.edu

Kathleen said...

My son's favorite character is definitely Elmo, but I have a soft spot for Cookie Monster.  He'd be so excited to attend this!

Kathleen said...

I'd go to the show at the Giant Center in Hershey, PA with my son, my niece and sister-in-law.

Kathleen said...

I loved Sesame Street growing up, especially the songs and short animations (like Lady Bug Picnic and 20 Pickle Pie). I often play the old school songs for my son via You Tube.

One funny thing that my son does is he calls Sesame Street "Elmo's Wor-lord", since he can't quite say world yet.

Kathleen said...

Following you on Twitter
@katydidandkid

angie said...

princess loves elmo
shopannies@Yahoo.com

Susan said...

Both my grandkids like Elmo. Although the 2 year old also likes Abby and Zoe. I know we have almost all the Sesame Street DVD's.

Susan said...

The Sesame Street Live show that we would go see is in Dallas TX

Susan said...

One of my favorite Sesame Street memories was seeing how happy my nephew and niece were to see Sesame Street on stage when they were little. They are both in College now!! They wore out quite a few Sesame Street VHS tapes in their day.

Susan said...

Frugal Front Porch Fan on Facebook

Susan said...

Frugal Front Porch email subscriber

Kathleen said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/KatydidandKid/status/7122515402

Anne Molino said...

My son loves elmo and cookie monster!

Anne Molino said...

We would like to attend the Thousand Oaks, CA show

Anne Molino said...

my favorite memories of sesame street  getting to see my son imitate elmo when he is watching him. it's so cute.

Anne Molino said...

added you on facebook!

Anne Molino said...

I follow you on twitter amolino

Anne Molino said...

I subscribed to your blog

Anne Molino said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/amolino/status/7138567811

Anne said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/amolino/status/7163488105

Angela P said...

My son loves Elmo

Angela P said...

I follow you on twitter under childrensnook

Aura H. said...

My twins LOVE Elmo.  All day it's elmo elmo elmo- clothing, dolls, toothbrushes, videos, books... they're a bit obsessed
aahaft at gmail dot com

Aura H. said...

Elmo live is coming to Madison Square Garden in NYC right after I'm  due, what a nice big sibling gift it would be for my twins to attend a performance
aahaft at gmail dot com

Shop with Me Mama (Kim) said...

LOVE Elmo!!!! Thanks for this chance!!!!! O:-)

daxkimd@gmail.com

Shop with Me Mama (Kim) said...

Not the cutest of me, but my kids sure are cute with Elmo, aren't they?! This would be so nice to win for them!!!!!!!!!

daxkimd@gmail.com

Shop with Me Mama (Kim) said...

entry #2 for posting a picture :)

daxkimd@gmail.com

Shop with Me Mama (Kim) said...

entry #3 for posting a picture :)

daxkimd@gmail.com

Karen Bridges said...

Cookie Monster and of course, Elmo!!
southcarolinamommy@gmail.com

Karen Bridges said...

Cookie Monster is my son's favorite and of course, Elmo!!!

southcarolinamommy@gmail.com

Karen Bridges said...

Columbus, GA is my closest location!

southcarolinamommy@gmail.com

Karen Bridges said...

http://twitter.com/SCMOMOF2BOYS/status/7222825383
I tweeted.

southcarolinamommy@gmail.com

Karen Bridges said...

Following you on Twitter: SCMOMOF2BOYS and FB FRIEND: Karen Bridges

Karen Bridges said...

I loved Sammy the Snake and one day while playing outside picked up a Garden snake and showed it to my mom and said look I have Sammy!  She freaked and thank God the snake was harmless!

Julie Cutshaw said...

i hit the wrong button and deleted my well put comment so my short version is my grandson who is 5yrs loves loves Ernie and has since he was 6months old he collects Ernies take the one of 8 he has everywhere and calls him Ernie Bernie I would love to take him with his other grannie to see this for a night to rember thanks
sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

Julie Cutshaw said...

the show we would love to see would be on jan 13th in johnson city tenn just 20 miles up the road what a night that would be with lots of pictures taken thanks
sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

Julie Cutshaw said...

my tweeted link thanks
http://twitter.com/itsallnew2me/status/7223688967
sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

Julie Cutshaw said...

I Follow you on <span style="color: #660000;">Facebook</span>,

sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

Julie Cutshaw said...

I follow you on <span style="color: #002e3f;">Twitter </span>
sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

Julie Cutshaw said...

I  subscribe to your  blog

sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

sherry a gilland said...

main entry   1 my grandson loves ernie
sherrya1210 at yahoo dot com                      

CINDY said...

MY DAUGHTERS FAVORITE IS ELMO
FAMILYTIESANDGROWINGPAINS@GMAIL.COM

CINDY said...

I WOULD PROBABLY GO TO THE SHOW IN FEBRUARY IN NY

FAMILYTIESANDGROWINGPAINS@GMAIL.COM

CINDY said...

I FOLLOW YOU ON TWITTER 
@FMAILY_TIES

FAMILYTIESANDGROWINGPAINS@GMAIL.COM

CINDY said...

I SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR EMAIL
FAMILYTIESANDGROWINGPAINS@GMAIL.COM

Julie Cutshaw said...

daily tweet
http://twitter.com/itsallnew2me/status/7237301757
sewitupjulie at gmail dot com

Sherry Gilland said...

I follow you on twitter as campcreeknanny
sherrya1210 at yahoo dot com

Sherry Gilland said...

I tweeted this giveaway
http://twitter.com/campcreeknanny/status/7237393680
sherrya1210 at yahoo dot com

BargainFun said...

We love elmo !
bargainfun1 at yahoo

Anonymous said...

i'm a friend on fb
bargainfun1 at yahoo

Anne said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/amolino/status/7252905208


annemolino at hotmail dot com

tina reynolds said...

elmo and cookie monster thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...