Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Bike Weather

Yesterday was so nice out, I had to get out of the house. There was a block party at Wilson's Greenhouse, Austin's Flower Shop, and Ed's Meats. There were drinks, snacks, door prizes, and of course great sale prices. Even though I could hardly speak, I had a great time. I got a great deal on a set of 4 terra cotta pots for just $30! The gorgeously decorative pots ranged in size from 10" up to 14.5". We got plenty of plants for both indoors and outdoors as well as some great tips to help hardy them up!

Mr Wilson said all their plants are raised in an ideal setting w/automatic watering, heating, and cooling systems making them a bit 'delicate'. By bringing plants indoors at night early in the season helps "toughen" them up by getting them used to a wider variety of conditions without putting too much strain on the plant. This is why he recommends buying plants in our region a couple weeks early and utilizing this method to help strengthen the plant BEFORE planting outdoors! I'll have to try this and let you know it works!

In addition to the great plants and green thumb advice from Mr Wilson we scored some free meat samples at Ed's Meats. While we were there, we bought 25 pounds of lean ground beef, 2 pounds of lean bacon and 4 eight packs of hot dogs all for $45. He even threw in a hat for hubby! I know this may sound a little high but the hot dogs are bigger than any I've seen in the grocery store and there's no fillers or added fats to his meats which are all locally prepared by Ed himself. Aside from stocking up on the meat, the flower shop gave away free single long stemmed roses to everyone plus they hosted a wine tasting with great hors d'oeuvres. If my throat hadn't been so raw, I'd have eaten and drank like a Queen today but alas, I was left sipping lemonade drooling over the wonderful aroma in air! :(

The kids weren't left out of the good times either. They had a great time playing in the sandbox at Wilson's along with the other neighborhood kids. Once we got done at the block party, over to Gullander's Hardware Hanks where the boys got their new bikes. J Man's knees were hitting the handlebars on his bike from last year so it was definitely time for a bigger bike. Wild Man still hasn't mastered a trike but maybe a 10" bike will work better! The best part is I was able to capture their first moments on their new bikes on my new FLIP video camera I won at Today's Mama. I'll be sure to post more on my camera and Today's Mama later in the week after I've had a chance to play with it! In the meantime, here are a few videos of the kids and their biking experiences!





Be sure to check out my YouTube Channel for more family videos!

What are a few of the things your family did this weekend????

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...