Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Still Hanging in There!!!

The last few days have been pretty rough for me. I haven't been feeling well since last Saturday. scratchy throat. low grade fever. ear aches. I didn't go to the doctor till Thursday hoping it would pass only finding each day to be a little worse than before. They tested me for strep which came back negative. Dr Julie took a throat culture (gag!) thinking it's a different strain of strep, prescribed an antibiotic and told me the results wouldn't be back till Monday or Tuesday. She was concerned since it was getting close to the 10 day mark. Apparently if Strep is left untreated for 10 days, it can attack your heart, kidneys, and/or liver! I HAD NO IDEA! I'll just be glad to finally speak without searing pain and eat something besides soup, pudding, ice cream and jello!

The one positive thing I've taken from this is a whole new level of empathy for my kids when they tell me they don't feel well! Don't get me wrong, we do the medication, bed rest, extra fluids, doctor visits, and more of mom's TLC when they're sick. I just don't get sick very often-if ever-so sometimes it's just more difficult to "feel" their pain with them! I don't recall ever having strep and usually my worst problem is a sinus infection which usually clears on it's own with saline irrigation and Zyrtec. After this, I SO much more empathetic to their aches and pains!

1 Smart Sayings:

Teri said...

Hope you feel better soon! I like your blog design!!

Recent blog post: random picture challenge 11.0

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...