Today is my daughter's 11th Birthday! She's the light of my life and my only regret is not having her home. She lives with her grandparents in my home state of Tennessee. There's a very long and painful back story surrounding this situation but I have vowed to make lemonade out of the lemons I've been handed. Kayla is an amazing girl. She's smart, witty, loving and accepting of all. There's not a hateful bone in her body. She's the best big sister my two boys could ask for. Kayla's a loyal friend, devoted to the ones she loves and is loved by many.
My girl is tom boy with a bit of a girly side. She's not into dresses and fancy purses but she does love cute sandals, funky necklaces, and most things pink! She's a sports fanatic-literally. It doesn't matter if it's football, baseball, bowling or shooting pool (or more properly termed billiards!). She loves watching it all. She's also a pretty good softball player (perhaps a high school super star in the making???)
I have to say she's spoiled but it's okay since it doesn't go to her head! There's nothing this girl needs she doesn't have plus Kayla gets the majority of what she wants. The funny thing is: she doesn't ask for much. You have to pay close attention to what she responds to in the stores or on television to get an idea of the specific things she REALLY likes. My two boys don't have a problem with the "I want this" or "I want that" but apparently she didn't get that gene! lol
Her birthday was a little bittersweet for me this year. Mainly because we are apart for the second year in a row! Secondly because I couldn't call her to wish her a "Happy Birthday" since I can hardly speak due to this virus I've had for the last week. I did send her an email as well as an IM through her grandmother's email but didn't receive any response so I'm not even sure if she received my messages. I can only hope she got them and the gifts I sent but I will call her when she gets home from school today to wish her a BIG FAT HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



1 Smart Sayings:
What a nice post - Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Recent blog post: the pets in our life
Post a Comment