Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No Sew Fleece Pillow

Here's a simple no sew fleece pillow you can make in any size. I chose to make mine small for our new kitty, Sandy. Here's how I made mine!

  1. 007Gather your supplies. I had some red fleece left over from the  kids' stockings I made last year, buttons from a lot I bought at when JoAnn's closed, embroidery needle & thread in a coordinating color, and a couple plastic grocery bags for the filling.
  2. Figure out what shape & size you'd like your pillow to be then add 4" to 6". I wanted a small pillow Sandy can kick around the house so I used a small rounded shape.
  3. Cut 1" wide x 6" long strips all the way around. Instead of cutting my fabric into two pieces, I left it as one and folded i012t over. Then I cut my strips with the fabric folded so the strips would match up.
  4. Determine where you want your embellishments and sew them into place. If you'd like an initial or other pattern, simply draw one on with a pencil or water soluble marker and stitch over it with embroidery thread. The pencil mark will wash off leaving a lovely embroidered surface. This is optional and the only sewing required.024
  5. Tie off your strips in a square knot till you get all but a few done.
  6. Stuff with grocery bags or other stuffing material and finish tying off the strips to finish your pillow.

The only thing I would have done differently would be to make my "S" smaller. I forgot how much fleece stretches but Sandy doesn't seem to mind!

2 Smart Sayings:

Rupert said...

Quite an impressive feat there. So how long did this project take?
Personally, i'd use more stitch length, but then we both know how cats would love to break those. A lock stick with a knot at the end to provide some extra 'rope' might have worked as well, now that I think f it.

Recent blog:=- Cheap embroidery sewing machine

Jennifer said...

Thanks Rupert. This didn't take long at all...maybe 10 minutes? The longest part of the project was stitching the buttons! :)
Frugally Fun
Jenn

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...