For Thanksgiving I made a last minute decision to make some after dinner mints. I had an extra container of cream cheese in the fridge I didn't want to go to waste. After flipping through my Better Homes & Garden Cookbook, I found a great simple recipe for Cream Cheese Mints that is soooo tasty I plan to make for the school party, christmas dinner, and all the other holiday parties throughout the year!- 1 3oz package cream cheese-softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Few drops desired food coloring
- Granulated sugar
- In a small mixing bowl stir together softened cream cheese and peppermint extract. Gradually add powdered sugar, stirring till mixture is smooth. (Knead in the last of the powdered sugar with your hands.) Add food coloring; knead till food coloring is evenly distributed
- Form cream cheese mixture into 3/4 inch balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar; place on waxed paper. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a juice glass or with the tines of a fork. (Or, sprinkle small candy molds lightly with sugar. Press about 3/4 to 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into each mold. Remove from the mold. Cover mints with paper towels; let dry overnight. Store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator or freeze up to 1 month. Makes 48-60 pieces.
Jenn's Recipe Tips & Tricks
Instead of using a bowl & kneading with your hands (which is VERY MESSY), use a large ziploc bag & massage all the ingredients
together following the recipe above. Snip a small corner of the bag and pipe a small amount into a bowl of granulated sugar and follow step 2.I also suggest a you lightly coat your candy mold with butter spray or a fine mist of water then sprinkle it with granulated sugar. The sugar will stick to all sides of the mold instead of settling in the nooks and cranny's at the bottom of the mould. Your end product will be much nicer.
I plan to make my next batch smaller than the recipe calls so they dry out at a better consistency. The middle of mine weren't as dry as I'd have liked.
Substitute another extract flavor for a nice simple candy throughout the year!
For a great Rocky Road Candy Recipe, pop on over to Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays where she's got a great giveaway going on.
What new recipes have you tried lately that turned out FABULOUS???


1 Smart Sayings:
Jenn, this sounds great. I had no idea that those could be that easy to make. I love it! Just wanted you to know that Mr. Linky is finally better. I am posting everyone's links, for TMTT.
Post a Comment