Last night was a big success. Both kids got to dress up like they wanted and ended up with tons of loot! Daniel was a tiger but had a hard time keeping his hood up. Seems he preferred it off...oh well. He looked grrrrreat anyway! Joey made a last minute costume change. We planned on being Shaggy and Scooby but, the day before, he wanted to be Luke Skywalker-Jedi Knight. With some help from "The Force", I was able to pull the costume together in no time flat. I simply cut on of my husband's white pocketless teeshirt down the middle and wrapped it around him like a karate jacket, secured it with a knitted black belt from my sweater, tucked a pair of tan pant into his black rubber boots and grabbed the light saber (which we already had in the toy chest). I was informed ten minutes before we headed out the door a proper Jedi wears a cloak. Determined to defeat the "Dark Side", the final touch was converting a fitted queen bed sheet into the cloak.I snipped off the elastic banding and used the corner for the hood, a safety pin to secure it around his neck and cut the excess off the bottom. Had I not been so rushed to get it done, I would have snipped little holes around the neck, and threaded a strip of the sheet through in order to tie it but there's always next year! First we hit the Halloween Dance Party at the City Hall building. The Lions Club was so generous to sponsor the event! There was hot dogs, soda pop, and popcorn all for a small love offering. They also had door prizes where you didn't even have to be present to win. I'm sure we'll hear something the next day or so if we've won anything. Our local professional photographer & his wife, Loren & Jana Youngren, was there taking spooky pictures for just $3 a set. I'll be sure to update this post when they come in next week. After we ate and had our picture's taken, we headed upstairs to the dance floor! They played the monster mash and other fun songs for all the kids to dance. Well, it was more like playing chase under the strobe lights but they all had a blast. I just regret not getting any photos at the dance. urg!
After our fill of hot dogs, soda, and dancing, it's off trick or treating! We hit a ton of houses throughout the community. We got all sorts of treats: chocolates, gummies, eyeball gum, twizzlers, yogos, even a can of soda. Most folks were VERY generous with their loot and loved the kid's choice of costumes. Most of the homes had at least a pumpkin or two sitting out but, there were a few that were spookin spectacular. Dry ice, motion sensitive witches laughter, floating eyeballs and severed fingers, talking mummies, petrified cats, mummified dogs-It was so cool to see how everyone decorated for the holidays.
We had such a good time, I can't wait till next year!!!!!
0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment