This is my first holiday official gift guide. I plan to post about the various items I’ve bought over the course of the past year or the items I plan to buy this holiday season. There will be a few items featured I reviewed earlier this year as well as some items I wish I had. My goal is to bring you items that are timeless, worth your hard earned money and would make a treasured gift for that someone special in your life.
Today’s edition features movies and dvd’s.
Contrary to how many gift guides are created, I have not solicited any companies for products or compensation for this year’s holiday gift guide. Posting a gift guide requires a lot of time and research to ensure I bring you high quality and accurate information therefor I affiliate links are included whenever possible. If you plan to purchase an item from my gift guide series, I would appreciate your support of me and this blog by clicking the embedded links and buying from my affiliate account, usually from Amazon. In the spirit of a frugal holiday, if you know of a store or site that has a better price than what I’ve listed in any of my gift guides, please leave a comment so I can update the gift guide
I will never knowing link to a company or site that contains malicious spyware or viruses. All stores and affiliates I link to will process payments over a secure encrypted network so your personal information is never made available to anyone (including me) except the retailer you are doing business with. You would still pay the same price offered by the company only I would receive a small portion of your purchase for referring a sale.
Movies: DVD & blu-ray
Toy Story 3 DVD
Description: The gang is back together for another installment of the Toy Story saga. Andy’s off to college and a mix up with the toys creates a whirlwind adventure. Woody, Buzz, Jesse and the gang meet new friends and learn valuable lessons during their journey to get back to Andy. This is a heartwarming movie perfect for any family movie night.
Cost: $15.99
Click to buy Toy Story 3 on Blue Ray or DVD online or buy in-store at most major retailers.
Avatar (Collector’s Extended Edition) Available 11/16
Description: James Cameron is re-releasing the super mega hit Avatar in a sleek 3 disc edition including three movie versions: original theatrical release, special edition re-release, and the collector’s extended cut on one disc with discs two and three containing the “Filmmaker’s Journey” and “Pandora’s Box”. Exclusive features include never before seen deleted scenes, an all new alternate opening, as well as a “family audio track” option to view both movies without the objectionable language seen in the original film.
Cost: $19.99 (standard DVD format) $24.99 (blue ray)
Click to preorder Avatar (Three-Disc Extended Collector's Edition) [Standard DVD format] or Avatar Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]. Should be available for in-store purchase at most major retailers after 11/16.

Back to the Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy (+Digital Copy)
Description: By far my favorite movie series EVER, follow Marty (Michael J. Fox) and Doc (Christopher Lloyd) as they travel the space time continuum. Marty accidentally travels back in time from 1985 to 1955 when trying to escape some extremist in the Delorian time machine in the first film by a freakish accident. The second film propels both Doc and Marty to the future (2015) to save Marty’s kids in the second film when Doc is thrusted to the year 1885 by a freak lightening bolt strike to the Delorian setting the stage for the third film. Bonus features abound in the collection plus a digital copy is included so you can transfer to your computer or portable media drive for viewing on the go. (Can’t you tell I love this movie!)
Cost: $29.99 (standard dvd) $47.99 (blu-ray disc) plus free shipping on both
Click to buy Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy (+ Digital Copy) [Standard DVD format] or Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy (+ Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]
*as of 11/7/2010 @ 3:57pm CST Walmart.com has this movie listed at $29.99 & $47.96 with free site to store shipping option. Amazon will ship to your home for free.*

Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Special 2 Disc Edition)
Description (from Amazon): The third installment of Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster vampire series is its most action packed, both in terms of fight scenes and human-vampire-werewolf lovin'. In Eclipse, the vampiric Cullen clan and the werewolves--their sworn enemies--unite against an army of "newborn" vampires, whose remnants of human blood in their veins makes them stronger and more uncontrollable, causing a string of murders in the Seattle area.
This is the perfect gift for any Twilight enthusiast regardless if they are for Team Edward, Team Bella, or Team Jacob.
Cost: $21.49
Click to preorder The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Two-Disc Special Edition) [standard dvd format]Should be available for in-store purchase at most major retailers after 12/4
*as of 11/7/2010 @ 4:30pm CST, Walmart.com has this listed for preorder at $21.46 with free shipping to your home. Amazon offers free shipping on orders more than $25.*

