Hubby heard Dave Ramsey talk about e-mealz.com on the radio yesterday to help families save money on their weekly grocery bill. In particular, hubby was fascinated to learn one family of seven was paying less than $100 a week on groceries using this service. Not too shabby!
My first thought was, “Great! Another coupon clipping site telling me I need to hit double coupons to get the biggest bang for my buck! duh” (Problem is, there’s no store within 100 mile radius that double coupons so this strategy is a bust for me!) It doesn’t seem to be anything like this. The program is NOT designed around clipping coupons.
It focuses on using what you buy instead of tossing leftovers or other spoiled foods. The service offers a weekly shopping list with estimated store prices as well as a daily menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. E-mealz.com gives you several shopping/menu options including low-calorie, low-fat, family of four or cooking for two just to name a few. You can even pick a menu based on what store you like to shop: Wal-Mart, Aldi, Publix, Kroger and they also have an “Any Store” menu for folks who don’t (or can’t) shop at any of these national stores.
I’ve never tried meal planning as a way to reduce my budget. I’ve always bought what’s on sale at the store and cooked with what I have on hand. Leftovers are remixed into a lunch or another dinner later in the week but there are times where spoiled food or uneaten leftovers are tossed. With everyone going back to school and all our schedules getting so harried, the low-cal or low-fat menu plan seems very tempting but does this program REALLY work?
I agree, reducing your food waste can save a ton of money but I’m not 100% sold on this idea? I’d love to hear what you have to say on the subject. I’m debating whether to subscribe or not; what do you think???
Disclosure: This is not a paid or compensated post. I genuinely want to know if this is a service that has worked for REAL everyday regular folks…not just the success stories they put on the radio or the company’s website.


0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment