Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Being a Single Married Lady May Not Be Easy but It’s ALWAYS Interesting!

Wedding Rings Being a trucker’s wife puts me in a unique spot. Something I often refer to as being a Single Married Lady!

I have a spouse. A companion. Soul mate. A better half and confidant. And some days a sparring partner. lol I have someone to consult household decisions: When to call the plumber or electrician. Who to call when the car needs repair. How long little Johnny should be grounded for bad behavior. You get the idea – typical married life!

Mechanic I also do everything myself and have to rely on my own wits as if I were single! Get the kids up and off to school. Make the shopping lists. Pay the bills on time and do all the banking. Put out fires – both literally and figuratively! Ensure the lawn is cut and the weeds are pulled. Get the car to the mechanic. Diffuse any dissent among the little people of the house. Enforcing the house rules which, of course, makes me “the heavy”!

There are pros and cons to both sides but I feel like I get the best of both worlds. I have someone I love and respect who loves, trusts, and respects me back. I have someone I can bitch to when life’s little problems seem to pile up into a massive blur!  Strong arms to hold me and make me feel safe. I don’t have to share the television remote and I can make what I want for dinner and even eat dessert for breakfast without anyone knowing! I can shave my legs once a week, do the laundry when I feel like it and stay on the computer as long as the kids will leave me alone! lol.

Being a Single Married Lady isn’t always easy but it’s certainly never boring!!!

 

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...