We have really hard water which means lots of cleaning products aren’t as effective as they are in other places. My dishes are usually plagued with streaks, spots, or the dishes just don’t come clean. I’ve tried using home made dishwashing detergent, vinegar rinses as well as a variety of commercial products. I have found the Cascade gel packs work well but BOY they are expensive! They ain’t green for my pocket book or mother earth!!!
In an ironic twist of fate, The Eco Store USA contacted me about doing a product review of anything in their store. Wanting a better, cheaper dishwashing detergent, I chose their Auto Dish Powder.
My first surprise: You only use 1 tablespoon per load! WHAT? Is ONE TABLESPOON really gonna clean my dishes??? I had my doubts!
Guess what? This gets my dishes spotlessly clean every time. I don’t have to prewash anything. I scrape excess food into the trash, of course, but I don’t have to rinse anything or wash anything before putting it in my dishwasher. My glass dishes glisten and sparkle. It super concentrated so a little goes A LONG LONG WAY. I really love this stuff!
At $12 for a 35.3 ounce bottle, it’s really a great value. I usually wash one load of dishes a day. With my step kids arriving next week, I KNOW I’ll be washing even more dishes. After a month, I’ve barely put a dent in it!
The only draw back I have seen to the Eco Store’s green dishwasher powder is the bottle’s design. I would have opted for a package that would allow me to scoop the powder instead of pouring it into a measuring scoop. It would be less messy for me this way but I’ll deal with a little mess with these kinds of results.
The Eco Store USA also has a full line of hair, bath and body products, baby care and pet items as well as a line of household products. You get free shipping with every $25 dollar purchase. If you are outside the US, you can shop at their parent site, Eco Store, based out of New Zealand serving the rest of the world.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this review however I was provided a free product to facilitate the review! As always, all opinions are 100% mine!

0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment