In the beginner series, every page uses a picture image of basic shapes (square, circle, triangle, etc) cut into portions. The balance image at the top of the page shows which combination of portioned shapes are considered “facts”. Using this “fact”, the student works the problems on the lower part of the page. As you go deeper into the workbook the problems, of course, get more difficult. If you find yourself stumped – like I was a few times - no worries. The answers are in the back of the book! ;D
J runs a little behind the other kids in his class so it was tough getting him started with this one. Math isn’t his strongest subject so he naturally resists anything associated with arithmetic. However, working some of the problems with him and only doing a page or two at a time made it more fun.
From a parent’s perspective, I believe they are well worth the $9.99 price for this workbook. The pages are perforated so tearing out is easy! I prefer to have J write his answers on a separate sheet of paper so we can go through the workbook again and again until he’s ready for the next level of workbooks.
You can get your own Balance Bender’s workbooks from Critical Thinking’s website. You can also nominate someone for a Critical Thinking Heroes Award or enter to win a year’s supply of educational products.
*Disclosure: I received a free Beginner Balance Bender workbook to facilitate my honest review. I have not received any other compensation for this post! As always, all opinions are 100% mine!

0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment