Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Strut Your Stuff - Saturday's Blog Meme - Week 5

Good Saturday! I hope you all had a fantastic week because we certainly did.

I've mentioned a few times this week about the great weather we've been having (except for the rain yesterday and today but it is needed) so Hubby got the itch to make a change to his appearance. It could be his way to celebrate the arrival of Spring here in NW Minnesota. Perhaps it's to celebrate his full medical release from his back injury in 2008!

He just got the itch to change it up. I really can't blame him since it feels like I'm changing the blog around all the time because of that same kind of itch! ;D

He decided he wanted me to dye his hair. Normally, he has a medium brown hair color with some grey creaping out (but that's for a different post!) He want to go a lighter. DRASTICALLY. LIGHTER.



Clairol Nice 'n Easy Born Blonde Hair Color, Ultra Blue 1 eaAs in BLONDE!

Yep, my hubby is now blonde! I think I like it but it will need to be reapplied since it seems there were a few spots that got more color dye than others. We used a product from Clairol's Nice N Easy line called Born Blonde Ultra Blue. I've never had much luck with home hair dye kits so I was surprised when he rinsed all the dye out of his hair. It's much lighter than his original color but if he left it on longer he would have been even more blonde! 

Here's the only photo of hubster with his new color but it really doesn't look blonde in the photo so I'm going to have to get a better shot...preferably when he's not looking! ;D

Last week's blog meme had some great links.

Chaya linked up a FANTASTIC giveaway from her blog, Chaya's Comfy Cook Blog. You can pick from four different prizes from one of the cookware stores at CSN.com. I entered this one and so should you!!!

Chaya also linked up a delicious recipe from her other foody blog, My Sweet & Savory. The Veggie Ricotta Cheesecake looks yummy but seems more like a casserole than a cheesecake but I'm still going to make it when my zucchini crop comes in from the garden!

Finally my Make It From Scratch friend, Stephanie, shared a fabulous story from her personal blog, 100 Acre Wood, about the fort her boys' made with some things on their farm. The pictures really do complete the story! This thing is tricked out with storage for swords, shields, and it even has seating and a roof for protection from the elements. MY kids would LOVE to have this in the yard so I will be sure NOT to show this to them! lol

1 Smart Sayings:

Mrs. M said...

It looks pretty natural to me! :)

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...