A few weeks ago Middle Tennessee was flooded by rivers, creaks and streams. Record level rains within a matter of days created a frightful scene the area had not experienced for nearly one hundred years. Homes were lost. Businesses affected. Schools completely destroyed. Many lives were lost. The flood of 2010 did not discriminate.
I grew up and lived outside of Nashville until 2008 so this hits home for me. Thanks be to God, my friends survived with minimal damage. Other’s were not so fortunate. For the survivors, they now begin piecing together their lives, homes, and businesses. Many don’t have flood insurance to rebuild. In the spirit of Volunteerism, the community is coming together. Helping one another sift through the sludge, dry out, and rebuild. Donations, people helping strangers and prayers are now flooding the area.
You can read stories about the Nashville 2010 Flood and find resources at these links below:
- ABC’s WKRN Flood Resources
- Nashville Resources, blog written by Kelly of Faithful Provisions providing Nashville-centric links and insider opportunities to help flood victims.
- Nashville.com’s list of organizations you can donate to help flood victims.
- Allison Worthington, creator of Blissfully Domestic, has a very moving story and images of the flood as well as more resources if you have stuff, time or money to donate.

2 Smart Sayings:
I told you I had family in TN. Luckily, I'm told, everyone is fine. So much damage, though. Grand Ole Opry is in bad shape and so is Nashville Shores and Opryland Hotel. Very sad.
Thank you!
Post a Comment