I remember taking a few field trips growing up. It was always tons of FUN getting out of the classroom for the day but I didn't realize until later in life exactly how much I took away from those trips. 20 years later there is a level of understanding I don't think I would have without the benefit of those out of classroom trips.
One year we saw a performance about Hellen Keller's life which was appropriate since we were reading an autobiography about her life. As a typical teenager
It's sad to say, many schools can no longer offer their students the fun learning experience gained from field trips because of budgetary issues. We all know school budgets are shrinking more and more every year. Some of the first things cut from a school's budget are field trips. What a tragedy for a child to miss out on such a fantastic learning experience!
Lunchables is here to help. Field Trips For All is offering 50 deserving classrooms the learning opportunity of a lifetime. Starting March 15th, a child 6 or older can nominate a deserving classroom to win a expense paid field trip courtesy of Lunchables. This is the perfect opportunity to sit down with your child and start thinking about all the fabulous places they would like to visit.
Some of the contest conditions include:
- Must answer 3 questions in essay form with 150 words or less.
- Trip must be within 30 miles of school.
- Trip will be scheduled on a non-school day.
- Parents are encouraged to go on the trip.
- Trip must be taken by November 30 2010 or the award will be forfeited.
- Approximate value of the award is $3,000 (depends on the trip details).
- Nominations are closed June 1st.

0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment