First we start with perfectly hard boiled eggs. The perfect hard boiled egg is easy to reach. Simply place enough eggs to cover the bottom of a pot but don’t over crowd. Pour enough water over the eggs to cover with a couple inches to spare. Turn the stove on high and add a dash a salt. Once the water has come to a rolling boil, turn off the stove and wait 10 minutes before removing the eggs. Once they are cooled you have the perfectly hard boiled egg. See? Easy!
Next we move onto taking off the shell and making the yummy creamy centers. (The BEST part of a deviled egg if you ask me!)
I don’t know you do it, but I gently roll my hard boiled egg on the counter with gentle pressure to break up as much of the egg as possible. Then I peel off the egg shell and that thin membrane between the shell and the egg! ICK! Don’t trash your egg shells. Either put them in your garden or compost to add nutrients to you soil OR you can get crafty with them and make a mosaic like Christy Nelson tried to do.
From there, it’s simple: slice your eggs in half, scoop out the yellow yolk, mix in the goodness, pipe into the empty egg white and enjoy!
What’s in the goodness?
- 2 finely diced pickles per egg (I use home canned bread and butter – my absolute favorite pickle, EVER)
- 2 parts mayonnaise (light or low fat make an even skinnier version)
- 1 part spicy mustard
- 1 tsp of yogurt per egg
- salt, basil, garlic powder, & paprika
Tip: Slice a sliver off the back side of the egg white halves to create flat surface. Guaranteed to stop the rocking egg.
Don’t forget to link up your favorite posts (new or old) to my new Strut Your Stuff meme. This weeks linky will close Thursday midnight so I can post a recap of the week’s links along with my pick for this week’s featured post.
Joyfully submitted to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday.
Technorati Tags: recipe,hardboiled,Eggs,Easter,mosaic

3 Smart Sayings:
Those do sound like awesome deviled eggs!! Sorry I haven't been by in a while. The move and unpacking have gotten the best of me. Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
I love deviled eggs! I love how you lightened these up with yogurt. They sound really yummy.
Paprika, I think, is a northern thing. My southern friends always say, "I ain't eatin' those eggs..they got that red stuff on them!" LOL
Post a Comment