Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Birthday #9 & Petit Fours

J-Man's 9th Birthday

Today was J-Man’s 9th birthday. Folks weren’t kidding when they said time will zoom by once you have  children. It seems like last week he was just a cute and cuddly baby, struggling to crawl. Before he was born, I could not imagine life with a second child. Now, I cannot imagine life without him! It won’t be long before the battles over girls and curfew and responsible driving begin. <eeeeehhhhhuuuuu> I shiver at the thought. For now, I will remain content with battling over taking a shower, brushing teeth, and Birthday Petit Foursgetting to bed on time.

To celebrate his day, the school posted his name on their daily memo as the birthday boy. He was the DOUBLE line leader for the day – this is a big deal among the elementary students. He also got to leave school a few minutes early since I took some delicious birthday petit fours for his class to enjoy. He didn’t want the usual birthday cupcakes for class, especially since one his classmates brought cupcakes for their birthday earlier this week. The birthday petit fours were a huge hit and will likely become a tradition. I’ll post a tutorial on it tomorrow!

J-Man's 9th Birthday Dinner Celebration (29)We closed the big day with a family dinner at the local steak house. Hubster even called ahead to make sure they knew it was his birthday and to have a cake ready! We enjoyed a fabulous meal filled with laughter, jokes, and fun. When the waitress brought out the cake, she stopped at the table next to us to light the candles. J-Man thought the cake was for them since he could see it was NOT occupied. He was VERY surprised when she brought it over singing Happy Birthday. Wild Man tried to get the candle blown out before his brother but J-Man hurried to blow the rest of them out before the song was done. Once we got home and showers were done, he said this was the best birthday EVER.

All I can say to myself, “Job well done!”

1 Smart Sayings:

Mighty M said...

Happy Birthday to J-Man!  Looks like the class got some great treats!! :)

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...