I trust everyone had a fun and safe New Year's! We stayed in, enjoyed Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve television special, and watched the ball drop in Times Square! We toasted the New Year with sparkling cider picked out just for the night. The kids really like staying up super late. I think it makes them feel more grown up! J-Man kept asking, "Is it 2010, yet?" Mind you this started early in the morning and went on all day long so he was especially happy to see the New Year FINALLY ring in!
The New Year also brought some highly anticipated FOOTBALL! The boys in the house have been in football heaven the last few days. Seems there's been a game on everyday but the big one for us is yet to come. The BCS game is Thursday 7:30pm CST on ABC! Texas Longhorns is our team! Hubster is especially proud of his alma mater and is vigil in support of his beloved Longhorns. The current rankings are also a hot subject in our house lately but it's all in good fun.
My next task is to decide the menu for the night. I have no idea how many people will be here. We may have a full house then again, maybe no one will show. Other than having plenty of beer on hand, I'm thinking fast finger foods. Wings, maybe Tyson's Anytizers! They are very tasty, come in a variety of flavors, and take no time since they are precooked which works perfect for the last minute party. Potato wedges, perhaps a combination of sweet and Idaho potato. Some spicy, a few cheesy, and some garlic.?. Mac n Cheese (everyone loves mac n cheese right???), fresh fruit and veggie tray, chili along with plenty of shredded cheese and Fritos (for the Frito Chili Pie), chocolate chip cookies, peppermint bark, and perhaps a variety of popcorn flavors – caramel, spicy, cheesy or garlic. I'm sort of stumped. My creative juices are clogged!!! My mojo is exhaustion over the Christmas cooking event! ;D
Any suggestions or tips???

3 Smart Sayings:
It certainly is not right
Quick Super Bowl snacking tip. I found great dips and snacks and nuts and everything I needed for super bowl snacking at my local bulk foods store. I found the local stores by going to www.discoverbulk.com and typing in my zip. Great savings for these economic times. The dip mixes are especially loved by my family.
This sounds like a great resource...too bad there is no store�within a 200 mile radius of where I live! Hopefully others will have better luck!
Frugally Fun-Jenn
Post a Comment