Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post Christmas Recovery

Christmas 2009Christmas 2009
I trust everyone had a fantastic and safe holiday! I know we certainly did. We enjoyed Christmas Eve dinner with close friends. I cooked for a small army and still have tons of left overs. Mashed potatoes, savory corn, creamy green beans, ham...oh there's so much holiday ham left! We've gone beyond sandwiches and are in the midst of making rice dishes, soups, and baked breakfast dishes. I'll be freezing the last bit of it and will bring it out in a few weeks when the plump overstuffed feelings have passed!

Christmas morning, we awoke to all the loot left by the jolly fat man, gifts wrapped under the tree and a large blanket of snow making travel impossible for the next several days! Thank goodness Santa had the foresight to leave gifts like air hockey, mp3 player, movies, Wii games and the Smart Cycle to keep us busy. We had planned to surprise the kids with a Christmas Day movie. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. The kids barely noticed the snow, they were so enthralled with their new gifts. The best loved gifts seem to be the MP3 player, the air hockey table and the video games. Sunday, thanks to a neighbor's in digging out, we were able to finally get out to see the movie. It was a great film. The kids, big and small, had a great time watching it!
Christmas Blizzard
Recovering from Christmas wasn't as difficult this year as in years past. Clean up was smooth. No major fights between the kids. Maybe it's due to being snowed in for several days but Christmas recovery seemed easier this year! I am thankful for this!

I hope your holiday went as well as mine, now it's on to New Year's!!!

Don't forget to enter the Sesame Street Live giveaway that ends New Year's Eve!!!

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...