Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Monday, December 7, 2009

Motor Oil Matters + Giveaway (Closed & Winner Announced)

I am an avid DIY'er but there are simply some things I don't even attempt to do myself. If it involves my vehicle's fluids, other than filling the gas tank or windshield wiper fluid, then I'm DEFINITELY seeking assistance.

I either have my oil changed at Walmart while grocery shopping or at my local Jiffy Lube. The hubster has been known to change the oil too. If I do not have any grocery shopping to do, I didn't go to Walmart. Their wait is longer so having to wander around the store for an hour or so can be disastrous on my bank account. Now with the Minnesota winter in full force, I don't see the hubster laying on the freezing ground changing the oil so Jiffy Lube to the rescue!



My Blog Spark sent me a gift card for a free oil change at Jiffy Lube. I admit with the holiday buzz in full force, I haven't had a chance to use it but since I am a frequent customer, I feel confident telling you about the great job they've done by me and my vehicles. I have always been very pleased with their work. Their service technicians are very nice, courteous, and knowledgeable. I never feel pressured to purchase a pricier package than I intend. They always give me a complete statement including when my next oil change will be due. Their lines generally move pretty quickly which is THE reason I continue to go back to them.

Learn more about how motor oil matters here or watch this video from Hendrick Motor Sports on the importance of motor oil. Want a great stocking stuffer...get you the vehicle drivers of your family a Jiffy Lube gift card.


A Gift For YOU!!!!
One lucky reader will win a $35 Jiffy Lube gift card. Check for local stations here. Can't wait, then get your $5 coupon here.

How to enter:
  1. Leave a comment on this post about what you would do with this gift card (gift it to a neighbor friend or relative, keep it, winterize your car, donate it, etc)
  2. Leave a comment on any other of my blog posts and come back here telling me which post your commented on - UNLIMITED entries
  3. Visit Make It From Scratch, where I contribute every Monday, comment on any post then come back here and tell me which post you commented on - UNLIMITED entries
  4. Tweet or post on Facebook and get 2 entries...leave a comment for each entry with a link to your tweet (example: Twitter entry #1 your tweet link) 2 tweets or Facebook posts per day limit - I don't want you spamming your followers.
  5. Blog about it to get 5 entries...again, leave a comment with a link to your entry's post NOT your blog's main site. (example: Blog entry #1 blog post link)
The giveaway will end Sunday, December 13th, midnight CST. The winner will be randomly drawn by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to the winner's email I will send. The gift card will be distributed by a third party.

**Congratulations Hope, you're comment won! You will have 48 hours to respond to my email!**
Here's what she said:
Hope
I'd give it to my Dad for a gift!

I received a $35 gift card from My Blog Spark to tell you about Penzoil and Jiffy Lube's services. I have not received any other compensation for this post. I received the gift cards and information from Shell Lubricants and Motor Oil Matters through MyBlogSpark. All the opinions expressed are my honest views and have not been affected by the receipt of the gift card.

59 Smart Sayings:

Brooke said...

i would totally keep it for myself.

selfish huh?

Sharon said...

I'm selfish too..  I'm using it for me!!

Daniele E. said...

I'd use it for myself. I'll be traveling over Christmas (3000+) so this will really come in handy.
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Danielle E. said...

Tweet #1 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6444223970

Stephanie said...

I'd use it for a gift. Hubby changes my oil, but I know several people who could put this to good use!

Stephanie said...

Sent out on FB

Stephanie said...

tweeted!

Tammy C said...

I would give the gift card to my folks.  My dad's retired and my mom is disabled, so their income is very limited.  Thank you for the opportunity to win something that is very needed.

Danielle E. said...

tweet #2 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6446181959
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Judy said...

I would use it myself. With the economy as it is and my husband out of work, every penny counts.

Kim Young said...

I would love to give this gift card as one of the gifts I will give my step dad.  He does so much for me and my children, but doesn't have to.  He really is a great man and this is right up his alley!

shelly aka allysmama said...

I'd give it to my hubby to use...it's too cold for him to try to do himself!  Thanks
bleatham(at)gmail.com

shelly aka allysmama said...

I commented at <span>Make It From Scratch on  How To Make Fabric Gift Tags.  Thanks</span>
<span>bleatham(at)Gmail.com</span>

shelly aka allysmama said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/sleatham1/status/6459574484
bleatham(at)gmail.com

shelly aka allysmama said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/sleatham1/status/6459574484
bleatham(at)gmail.com

shelly aka allysmama said...

tweet#2
http://twitter.com/sleatham1/status/6459599056
bleatham(at)gmail.com

Leslie said...

Use it! I need to get my cars oil changed. Thanks for the opportunity! bowtiesnbutterflies at live dot net

Danielle E. said...

tweet #1 today http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6462154797
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Shelly said...

my husband would like this!
michelejdaley at gmail dot com

Patricia said...

I would give it to my daughter or son to use.

ShootingStarsMag said...

This is such a great giveaway. I'd give this to my parents. they could really use it.

lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Danielle E. said...

tweet #2 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6476941018
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Hope said...

I'd give it to my Dad for a gift!
onepilgrim86[at]yahoo.com

Danielle E. said...

tweet #1 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6495067211
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Jenny said...

I would totally keep the gift card for my household to use.. hehe  :)

Kristie said...

I would give this to my sister.

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Joyce said...

I would give this $35 Jiffy Lube gift card to my husband who would really appreciate it. jgs0925 at gmail dot com

Danielle E. said...

tweet #2 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6512328002
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Danielle E. said...

http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6530210368  tweet #1
drellis500(AT)gmail.com

Tiffany said...

I would definitely give it a s agift! So great!

Angela P said...

I would gift in our family gift exchange. We have to bring a guy and girl gift of $25 each so this would be perfect!

Danielle E. said...

tweet #2 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6546586100
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Danielle E. said...

tweet http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6565328285
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Lori L said...

We travel full-time.  My husband would really appreciate this.
blessed6mom@yahoo.com

Lori L said...

http://deliriouswithdrawings.blogspot.com/2009/12/frugal-front-porch-is-giving-away-35.html
I blogged! #1

Lori L said...

http://deliriouswithdrawings.blogspot.com/2009/12/frugal-front-porch-is-giving-away-35.html
Blog entry #2

Lori L said...

Blog entry #3
http://deliriouswithdrawings.blogspot.com/2009/12/frugal-front-porch-is-giving-away-35.html

Lori L said...

Blog entry #4
http://deliriouswithdrawings.blogspot.com/2009/12/frugal-front-porch-is-giving-away-35.html

Lori L said...

http://deliriouswithdrawings.blogspot.com/2009/12/frugal-front-porch-is-giving-away-35.html
#5

Modesty L. said...

I would give it to my Dad.
It would be a great gift.
Please enter me.
Thanks!
littleladyintraining(at)yahoo(dot)com

Danielle E. said...

tweet #2 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6583059879

Shop with Me Mama (Kim) said...

I would give it to my husband! He always needs this kind of stuff! Thanks for the chance :)

Danielle E. said...

tweet #1 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6599562414
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Annie said...

I would give this as a gift to my father in law.  He is so hard to buy for but this he could def use :)  

Erinn said...

I have to use it on myself I am overdue on a oil change

Jill said...

I'd keep this one, our truck just broke down, so we're once again a 1 veichle family.  I'd use it to keep the car we have up & running.
jilly82899@yahoo.com

Lindy said...

What a great giveaway!  My husband and I were just discussing last night how our car needed an oil change!  So... we would definitely use it ASAP!  :)

oona b said...

I would get the oil changed on my Subaru for the winter and have them refill all the anti freeze, etc. What a great giveaway!
Thanks! foxsquirrelrabbit at gmail dot com

Danielle E. said...

tweet #1 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6631212026
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Gina said...

I'd keep it!!!  We need an oil change lol
LyricandariasmomATgmailDOTcom

debbie lynne said...

I'd keep it for me - I'm past due on an oil change!

deborahcraft at yahoo dot com

Ginny said...

My hubby usually does our oil changes.  I'd love to give this to my grandma to help her out this year!

Danielle E. said...

 tweet #2 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6636925857

Danielle E. said...

tweet #2 http://twitter.com/drellis500/status/6636925857
drellis500(At)gmail.com

Janet F said...

I would give this to my son.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Janet F said...

1. Tweet:
http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/6645101617

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Janet F said...

2. Tweet:
http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/6645101617

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

betty rood said...

i would use this to help winterize me and my daughters car..thnak you
alwaysatryin at gmail.com

betty rood said...

http://twitter.com/nannato5/status/6651150659 twittered you
nannato5
alwaysatryin at gmail.com

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...