Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Friday, June 12, 2009

My Summer Addiction

As the weather continues to warm, more summer activities are gearing up. My favorite summer activity is yard saling. If there's a rummage, garage or yard sale within a 15 mile radius, you can bet I'm there! I love finding great deals and yard sales are one of the best.

As many of you know, I live about 80 miles from the nearest metro area so access to thrift and consignment stores are limited. When I lived in the city, thrifting was my mommy crack. Living in a small town has dramatically reduced my access to these stores so I've replaced my summer addiction with yard and rummage sales.

I've found some great things lately. Aside from the great name brand clothes I've found for the whole family, I've scored fishing gear, wall sconces, fabric, books, craft supplies, and a great pressure cooker (quickly becoming my favorite find).

Tell me what's your favorite yard sale find? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Read what some other favorite summer activities at Aloha Friday.

Photobucket

7 Smart Sayings:

Guest said...

An old white wicker chair with a high back - it's over 30 yrs. old from a garage sale in Nebraska - I still love it! Just keep making a new seat pillow with festive fun fabrics to liven it up!! It's been in all my houses over the years - can't actually sit in it anymore - but it's "eye candy" for the corner - LOL!

Teri said...

The closest thing I can claim is the Bob double jogger stroller we got at a consignment store! :-)

Recent blog post: Aloha friday #16

Becca said...

I got an amazing fan once for $3. I also love going to garage sales and just have to get myself up. But I actually make a list of all of them and how to get there if I don't know. It makes garage saleing very efficient!

Recent blog post: Four Foods on Friday #1

Tara said...

I rarely go to yard sales. My neighbors once left beautiful furniture outside and set a Free Sign up lol So.. we took them.

Recent blog post: Time To Buy?

Audrey said...

I love finding books. I also love finding crystal which I buy for work.

Marlena said...

I found a Dooney & Bourke all leather, tan bucket bag (purse) for $10 a few weeks ago. Was so thrilled because it matches everything and is like new. It will last for years! I would never pay for a Dooney & Bourke purse at a store, but now I have one :)

Jenn said...

Sounds like everyone has some great finds! I love it! Keep them coming!

Recent blog post: Summer of Sunday's

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...