Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mexi-Rice Recipe

In honor of Cinco De Mayo, here's a super fast rice dish with a spicy Mexican flare!


Ingredients

1 Cup Dry Rice
Can of Diced Tomatoes w/Green Chile's
1.5 Cups Frozen Corn (or 1 can)
1/4 Cup Cream
Shredded Cheese

Directions
Cook rice as normal but when it's almost done mix in the entire can of dices tomatoes with green chile's, corn, and cream. Continue cooking till corn is heated through and rice is done. Top with sprinkled cheese. For added heat, add a dash of hot sauce or paprika and cayenne pepper.

Margarita's go very well with dish! wink wink
Remember to drink responsibly and Happy Cinco De Mayo!

3 Smart Sayings:

Teri said...

Yum!!! I love Mexican food! And margaritas don't hurt either!! ;-)

Recent blog post: uninspired

Janet F said...

This looks and sounds so good. I love rice and I am always looking for new ways to try it.

Amy said...

We love Mexican food. This recipe sounds easy enough for me to make. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...