Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wonderwash Winner & Twitter Party

The Wonderwash winner is...
ResourcefulMom
CONGRATULATIONS! @lizzydear won the Wonderwash AND spin-dryer thanks to her post: http://lizzydearslife.blogspot.com/ She's a pastor's wife and SAHM of four super cute and very active kids so I'm sure it'll be put to good use. Congratulation Lizzy!


The Laundry Alternative twitter party was tons of fun Friday night. We tweeted about lots of cleaning options...some green and some that just just save you money. According to newoldmom, one of the party panelist, when looking at purchasing "all natural" products look at the ingredients label for-"inerts". The manufacturers are allowed to use this labeling method to protect trade secret recipes so anything could be there including the chemicals.

Green Cleaning Products tweeted
  • PlusSizeMommy my family is extremely sensative as well we use only arm and hammer unscented detergent only one we can use
  • ScrpyKnitR I love the Costco enviormentally friendly detergent
  • greenyourclean @simplyandreah first making my own, then Charlies. http://www.charliesoap.com/ (in a conversation about making detergent)
  • VirtueIMC @ADramaticMommy I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY WHIRLPOOL DUET & it's water efficient too! Check for rebates from h2o authority
  • Feelslikehome {thanks!!!} RT @JennatFFP: it's Reader's Digest Homemade ISBN 076210753-7 at www.rd.com (in a conversation about a book containing recipes for homemade cleaners, foods & beauty products-I have this book and L-O-V-E it!)
  • Sleepy_AVON Skin so Soft bath oil is also good for lots of things from insect repellant to protecting your car's upholstry.
  • susieqtpie @ResourcefulMom Oxy Clean 4 the Church Linens never found anything else to use anyone else have suggestions for wine & lipstick (everyone was uncertain if Oxy Clean is a green product but it's certainly safer than bleach and other harsher chemicals)
  • greenyourclean Another great product for those that don't want to make, http://budurl.com/dc66. Great for laundry prewash spray. Paulines
  • greenyourclean Another good product is Biokleen
  • Marriage_Zone @hailqueenmommy I have the book Vinegar, Duct Tape, Milk Jugs & More
  • sgibbs58 I finally broke down and bought Mrs.Meyers clean book..good ideas there
  • technomomdesign @JennatFFP the Simplicty from WalMart is just as good as Dawn!!
  • twincident @JennatFFP I LOVE Clorox Greenworks dish detergent! If you slather on baked-on stuff and let it sit I found it comes off easier
Check out more grean cleaning tips by
I'll post some cleaning tips I learned from the party over the next week but, to get all the party chatter now, search twitter for #laundryalt

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...