Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunflower Cupcakes

I baked these last Wednesday in honor of Joey's actual birthday. I always try to bake a little something special on the kids' real birthday even though we usually celebrate with an official party on a weekend. I started with an idea to reverse pineapple upside down cupcake (making it pineapple right-side-up cupcake?) and this is what I ended up with. When they were done, I thought they looked like sunflowers so here's my version of a sunflower, cupcake style!

Ingredients
1 Box Cake Mix-Chocolate
1 Large Can Sliced Pineapple (reserve juice)

Directions
Preheat oven as directed on box. Mix batter as box directs EXCEPT substitute pineapple juice for the water. Line cupcake tin with liners, fill half-way or a tad less with batter. Place one unbroken pineapple ring on top of liner-it won't fit inside the individual liners. Bake per box instructions.

Jenn's Tip: It's important to keep the pineapple ring in one solid piece or the batter will rise through the broken edge when baking. It'll be perfectly edible-just not as pretty! If you have white or yellow cake mix, use food color to tint the batter a bright green to give your cupcakes a vibrant color! Try mixing in chocolate or peanut butter chips, sprinkles, etc for a surprise of flavor!




You can find this and many other amazing recipes at Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays and Tammy's Kitchen Tip Tuesday.

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...