Hot Frugal Holiday Must Haves!

Search This Site

Monday, February 23, 2009

Easy Restaurant Style Main Dishes

I've found myself in the kitchen numerous times wanting to add something different to my pork chops, chicken or steaks but just can't put my finger on what I should do differently. I get tired of frying, baking & broiling with my same old stand by spice. I really enjoy restaurant styled glazed meats but I'm absolutely horrible at creating a successful spice combo or glaze on my own. I have finally figured out how to easily and simply make restaurant styled glazed meat dishes at home.
photo courtesy of www.pilgrimspride.com

Make the glaze in a microwave safe dish using a powdered soup mix, add about 1/2 the water recommended on the label, mix well and nuke for one to two minutes. If the glaze is not thick enough, nuke another minute or add a tablespoon of cornstarch blended with a tablespoon of cold water and mix.

Lightly brush all sides of the meat with the glaze. Cook your meat by whatever method you prefer (broiling, baking, pan frying, etc) till the meat is almost done. Start basting with the glaze every few minutes and flip the meat at least once to give it an even coating. When the meat is fully cooked, pour the remaining glaze on top and allow it to bake a few more minutes.

Wallah! A restaurant style main dish meat for your family to enjoy with minimal extra effort on your part!

Some of our favorites are French Onion Soup Glazed Pork Chops, Sloppy Joe Glazed Chicken Legs, and Taco Glazed Steaks.

As usual, I'm linking up to Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Blissfully Domestic, and Tammy's Kitchen Tip Tuesdays.

0 Smart Sayings:

Post a Comment

Find Articles By Topic

American Express Giftcards
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...