Chili is suppose to cook for a while in the crockpot with all the fresh flavorful ingredients melding together to give each bowl a delicious taste. At least that's how I traditionally make my chili. I was running low on energy and time yesterday and whipped up a great batch of chili in under 20 minutes so I may not make it any other way ever again.
Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz can Chili Ready diced tomatoes
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 16 oz can baked beans
Brown your ground beef and drain. Add all the canned ingredients plus 1/2 can of water. (more if you like your chili thinner). Mix all ingredients, cover and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes. (If chili is too thin, mix 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and add to chili, cover and simmer till thickened-a few minutes). Add red pepper or chili powder if you like a little kick to your chili. Otherwise, serve immediately and eat preferably topped with cheddar cheese!
Enjoy!

0 Smart Sayings:
Post a Comment